LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115756 - 06/21/01 01:17 AM Tillamook Rivers Summer Steelhead, Trash Cleanup, Jig Clinic, and BBQ Event June 30th
Anonymous
Unregistered

"stew and I are helping Mark ANderson put on this fun adn worthwhile event. Here is his post from ifish (with mine to follow):

On the heels of the successful Wind river cleanup and BBQ I am organizing a similar cleanup event for the Wilson and other Tillamook area rivers on Saturday June 30th. RT and Bigstew will be helping me out with this event. We will meet at Mills Bridge fishing hole/parking lot behind the Guide Shop starting around 8:00 a.m. I will put on a short jig fishing clinic for summer steelhead, including what to use and how to use it. I will also be giving each person that attends a free jig and float to use, but bring what you like also. Light action steelhead spinning rods are good for this type of fishing. I will also bring lots of garbage bags to fill along with some gloves for trash pickup. Then we will break out into groups to go fishing and trash cleaning for around 3 hours at various popular fishing holes on the area rivers. After that we can meet again at the Guide Shop/Mills bar hole by around 11:00 Am. or so and pool our resources for a BBQ lunch on the river. Some of you can post what you will bring; including a BBQer, meat, chips, beverages, and condiments. If we need more food or whatever, we can pool some money and send some volunteers to the store (as they did at the Wind R. event). As an alternative for some people, the Guide Shop has a full deli menu too. For those arriving later we will put on a second jig clinic after the BBQ if there is enough interest. Since this is coming up in a week and a half, please sign up here by posting, or e-mail me at firstcastjigs@earthlink.net as soon as you think you can attend. Thanks. Mark, RT, and Bigstew.

--------

These are just great events! Lots of both fun and function with the cleanup and jig clinic too. Yay Mark. I would add that any of you coming to fish the Wilson, Trask, or Nestucca rivers before we meet at 8:00 a.m. would do well to fish right from daybreak around 5:00 a.m. The 5 to 8 time slot is the best of the day for summer steelhead in all those rivers, and you can follow fishing a hole by some trash pick up. I bet we get some steelhead filets to butter up and season for the Q. Yum. And get some burgers too. Bring your own beer ... I mean beverages. And function within this event at your own risk. Bending over can be risky around those parts smile . Low back strains,etc., unless you use proper posture. This will be fun, informative, and cleansing all in one great event. I hope we get a whole bunch of people for this. ... Take care. - Steve (RT)

#115757 - 06/21/01 06:10 PM Re: Tillamook Rivers Summer Steelhead, Trash Cleanup, Jig Clinic, and BBQ Event June 30th
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
one of these days it will work out that I can make one of these. I am leaving that day for 5 days at my place up on the kalama. I guess I keep on trying smile Keep it up these are a grat thing.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1188 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |