LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#114752 - 06/05/01 03:32 AM Fishing in the Seychelles?
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: (Tacoma native),San Diego WA, ...
I'm gonna be in the Seychelles cool and am trying to find out what kind of guided fishing is available. I know this is pretty far off the beaten track. Would greatly appreciate it if anyone who knows anything about fishin the Seychelles would share their knowledge w/me. I will probably be their some time towards the end of July. So far all I've found on the 'web' are trips 0f $5,000 eek or more and all they seem to offer for that price is a room and a guide!

Thanx a million,
Roger

VERY Homesick in San Diego

#114753 - 06/05/01 11:41 AM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Let's see, oh ya, the Seychelles. I was thier 2 weekends ago. Bonefish bite was ok about 10-15 lb'ers caught most of them out the door of my Lake seaplane that I had barged over from lk. union. Lemme know how ya do. I can meet up with ya in about 10 hrs.just need your g.p.s. # got a Rockwell B-1b bomber converted for my personal use, hot tub & the whole nine yards. Air Force gave it up cheap as it is'nt any good for bombing and the gas is getting spendy! Good for getting around though goes about mach 2. "Chromeist" cool cool

#114754 - 06/06/01 09:45 AM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

I'll let ya know how I do. Am still hopin that I can find a guide that I can afford. Or, a boat that I could rent/charter. But. Everything seems to be a lil outta my price range, that's why I resorted (no pun intended) to askin advice on the bulletin board. I guess I'll be there during one of the most expensive times of the year and one of the least productive fishin wise. And. I'm at best a novice fly fisherman and that seems to be about the only game in town.
Sincerely
Roger

#114755 - 06/06/01 10:51 PM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
RRR, seriously love to here about your trip. Have you contacted Kaufman-Streamborn, they may be of help as they do lots of trips to exotic fishing hotspots. 22 laugh

#114756 - 06/07/01 03:12 AM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Chrome
Be glad to relate my piscatorial experience. FYI I'll be there on business for only four days of which only two to devote entirely to fishing. Unfortunately I'm just a regular workin stiff whose ol lady spends the money faster than I can make it--that's why I'm searchin for something somewhat cheap that will allow me to take advantage of this unexpected opportunity to fish one of the top angling destinations in the world. I have found a boat to charter but they want $1,000 to use the boat from 7 am to 4 pm. They haven't answered my e-mail so I don't know what comes w/the boat i.e. guide, equipment etc. Wish me luck
Roger

#114757 - 06/24/01 08:36 AM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Could really use some help on this one fellas. I'm unexpectedly gonna find myself (apparently) in the Seychelles for a few days. As a die-hard Salmon, Trout and Steelhead fisherman I don't know diddly bout the Seychelles. In fact when I found out that I would be goin' there I wasn't too excited because it sounds way too expensive for me. Anyway, after surfin the web a bit, I'm getting the impression that the fishing might be pretty good (if you can believe the propaganda it's nothin short of awesome!). I've personally proved, over a thousand times, that I can't hope to fish new water effectively in a day or two. So. Anyone out there that could reccommend a boat, or a guide service or at least lemme know if I should cash in some stocks and bonds (ha!ha!)to take advantage of the supposedly incredible fishin? Is this a once in a lifetime opportunity? ANY info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Roger

ps I'm runnin outta time to set anything up as I will be there in just under a month - RRR

#114758 - 06/25/01 12:05 PM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
RRR,

Some of my favorite trips fishing have been trips down to Mexico where I hired a Panga boat right off of the beach. I don't think that I ever spent more than $25.00 and caught mahi mahi, rooster fish, bonito, and even one small wahoo, WAHOOOOOO! smile The boats weren't first rate, but they did float, and I got to catch some fish that I wouldn't have up here in Washington. Keep this in mind if all else fails. Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#114759 - 06/25/01 03:31 PM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
Land Tuna Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland Wa USA
RRR,

What a long flight for 4 days, if you want I'll take your place. Expect the winter swell coming from the south and dirty water on the flats on south facing reefs. Look for flats that are not exposed to surf. Bring an 8wt and traditional bonefish flys that you can buy at any flyshop. Bones are every where on flats and are now (last 5 years) being exploited. Make sure you have good polriods, sunscreen, hat and long sleeve shirts. Sun will get you no matter how tough your hide is. Also good wading shoes at least ankle high and thick soles, not those Nike type reef walkers. Anything less than the best reef shoe and you will be coming home with a bad case of corral poisoning and that is the worst pain you can ever immagine.
Other fishing will be trevally around reefs and tons of Tuna and bill fish in the Indian Ocean. Don't know what it will cost you to get to outer islands but lot's of French tourists around and that means big money to do anything fun.
Have a good time and hope you get a chance to fish the flats.
Land Tuna

#114760 - 06/26/01 02:36 AM Re: Fishing in the Seychelles?
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Thanx Land Tuna!
There must be a story behind that moniker...
Really appreciate the excellent info. Any advice about findin a good guide?

Unfortunately, I'm limited to using the internet as my only means of communication and it seems a lot of the web sites for Seychelles fishing outfits are out of date OR aren't operating at the time of year that I'll be there.

Oh, by the way, I'm not flyin to the Seychelles, I'm on a ship that will be in port there for a few days.

Still tryin to find out if this is a "once in a lifetime" (since my transportation AND my lodging are free)opportunity and if it is worth riskin divorce by plunkin down some serious bread to take advantage of it.

Anyway, thanx again fer the info - Take care

Sincerely,
Roger

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1398 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |