Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116269 - 06/28/01 04:02 PM cougar droppings
Periwinkle Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
Wa. State D.F.W. is advising hikers, hunters, fisherman, and mushroom pickers to be on the alert for CATS in wilderness areas around Forks, Mora, and Shuwah.

They advise people to wear noise producing devices, such as little bells on their clothing and to carry pepper spray in case of an encounter with a cougar. It is also a good idea to watch for signs of cat activity. People should be able to distinguish the difference between bob cat and cougar droppings. Bob cat droppings are smaller and contain berries, feathers, and possibly squirrel fur... Cougar droppings have little bells in them and smell like pepper........

Hey Rich G. --- turning and running is a big mistake. Always face Ms Cougar and back away. Running only makes you appear to be prey and an easy target for a big predator, especiaaly when your back is turned. As a law enforcement person aren't you required to pack 'heat' all the time?

Tip Up
'Peri'

#116270 - 06/29/01 01:45 AM Re: cougar droppings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of packing heat - I've been working on a more effective repellant for grizzly bears and cougars. It's a huge flame thrower. This thing shoots a giant blast of super hot flaming gas about 2' or 3' wide up to 50' away! It will stop a heard of rogue elephants in their tracks, let alone a bear or couger which would run in burned terror - muh ha ha ha ha! I do have a couple small bugs to work out yet though - reducing the weight of the fuel tank carried on your back ... but more importantly, figuring out a way to get a few big fire trucks to follow me around in the wilderness to put out the big forest fires this thing would cause in case I did run into a beast. eek laugh Any ideas how to work out the 'bugs'? wink

RT

#116271 - 06/29/01 03:42 PM Re: cougar droppings
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
RT;
:pEat beans and bring matches :p
GutZ

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: GutZ ]

#116272 - 06/29/01 03:59 PM Re: cougar droppings
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
All you really need is your Alaskan Social Shotgun.
Remington Model 870 Express (you don't need a WingMaster Magnum for this) with a legal-as-you-can-get-short shotgun slug barrel, and a magazine extension tube that doesn't stick past the end of the barrel. Be sure to get the slide-on round holder that slides over the stock. Holds 5 more rounds. Connect up a good fitting nylon sling. Insert 5 of your favorite sabo slugs in to the magzine and one in the chamber, and voila! Instant party, and you'd be surprised how nice everyone will be to you while on the river! eek

Parker - Just gotta figure out a nice rack for the Social Shotgun in The Kids boat. Hmmm, maybe you *shouldn't* have corked us.... eek eek eek (JK)

#116273 - 06/29/01 09:24 PM Re: cougar droppings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im not required to pack heat all the time but am going to start. While Im fishing anyway.

As far as the running thing goes the only thing on my mind was to get as much distance between us as possible in a short amount of time. Running might not have been the smart thing to do but it was the first thing I thought of.

#116274 - 06/30/01 12:30 AM Re: cougar droppings
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Parker,

I'll stick with the HK USP Compact in .40 S&W. Doesn't get in the way while casting, but plenty quick to get into action. Someone out there also make a 5 shot .410 revolver called the "Thunder 5" that would also work out well. You are right though, an armed society is a polite society. laugh laugh laugh Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |