Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116367 - 07/01/01 04:12 PM Don't buy Diawa EMBLEM spinning reels
desertdrifter Offline
Smolt

Loc: richland
I paid $200.00 for a DAIWA EMBLEM-z2500ia, the infinite anti reverse hasent worked since I purchased it.I personaly know two other people who have had the same problem.I have had my reel in three times and they have not fixed the problem. thats alot of money to spend on a reel that now only collects dust.

#116368 - 07/01/01 05:28 PM Re: Don't buy Diawa EMBLEM spinning reels
Fuzzybutt Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, W.A
D.D. take a look at the Okuma Epix series of ballbearing spinning reels, outstanding quality, and performance, for a fraction of the price of Shimano, or other brands. I got the Epix 30 and I love it, silky smooth drag, ten ball bearings, aluminum spare spool, and instant anti-reverse. I have caught some hot summer runs this past month and the reel is flawless so far.

Fuzzy

Silent Approach Jigs

#116369 - 07/02/01 12:30 PM Re: Don't buy Diawa EMBLEM spinning reels
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
If you want good spinning or casting reels. Watch a few of the Bassmasters shows. When it somes to reels thoes guys have the good stuff. I remember seeing them use curados a couple years before steelheaders started picking them up. And with more and more pro bass fishing being done with spinning gear the quality of spinning reels has risen dramatically.
If a reel doesn't work you wont see it on a pro fishing tour. Just a thought but before I get slammed for mentioning bass fishing lets remember that most of our reels are designed because of the needs of bass anglers and we benefit from that.

#116370 - 07/02/01 12:57 PM Re: Don't buy Diawa EMBLEM spinning reels
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Of the 10 reels I own, 6 are Abu-Garcia. Two Penns, one Zebco (son's rod) and a Shimano Corsair. The Abu-Garcia reels have the best customer service dept standing behind them, so I will usually buy them before any others. Sent 4 different reels in after years of use and they sent me 4 new reels. Had a number Fenwick rods, one with a broken tip, another that had the handle eaten by a squirrel and both were replaced, no questions asked.

I fish the saltwater a lot, so these reels see a lot of tough use. Hope you find one you like. Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1374 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |