Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116776 - 07/07/01 09:50 PM I Lost My Brother Today
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to reprint this from the ifish board to my friends here too:

Since I feel a kinship here I want to share my loss and pain tonight. I have lost my older brother Gary Hanson today. He crash landed his small plane in northern Nevada today and he died instantly. His Hillsboro friend Machael Johnson also died instanly in this tradgic crash. I am so devastated and shocked I am having a hard time looking at these words. Gary is my older brother and I love him. We have never been far apart my whole life. Many of us have lost a parent or two by now - I lost my mother to cancer a few years ago and still miss her very much - but when you lose a close loved one way too early in life the devastation is beyond what I can descirbe right now. He is survived by wife Susan and his 2 daughters, my neices Krista and Megan. Please pray for him and Michael and our families tonight. ...

They flew out of Hillsboro earlier today with 3 other small planes going to a small plane rally event at a Nevada airport. It was apparently erratic winds that caused a nose dive into the front end of the runway during landing. You almost it made Gary. And you died doing what you loved to do. I love you. ... He had been giving me flying lessons, and I was going to go on from there to take certified lessons and get my pilots license. I don't think I will put my family through that now. And I have no wind in my sails right now and for some time. ...

Please, go call your brother and sister right now and have a nice talk - and appreciate them. Gary and I talked and did things together often, and I am thankful for that. Right now I can't remember what we talked about the other day - I am in shock. Thanks for listening and sharing. - Steve ...

Note to Ryan (Ramstrong): If you have left for the coast already tonight I hope somebody can alert you that I won't be meeting you at the Hammond dock in the morning. Talk with you later.

#116777 - 07/07/01 10:01 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
RT: I'm so sorry. I don't know you at all but I still feel the need to say something. I lost my son a few years back so I know how devastating something like this can be. I don't expect any kind of a response so don't sweat it, just know that we all feel for you and that will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

#116778 - 07/07/01 10:22 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
RT,

My sympathies are with you and your family tonight. It always bums me out when a pilot is killed doing what they love. Spend some time with your family now, and talk about your memories of your brother, it will help all of you get through your grief.

Dan

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#116779 - 07/07/01 11:03 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just want you to know that I'm here for you buddy. Take care and treasure your memories! So many times we take for granted that our loved ones are always going to be there and then tradegy takes them away. I still grieve over my father that died almost 30 years ago. You think of all the things you wish you could have said to to the person who passed away and since I have two brothers I think I will try to tell them my feelings about them. Call if you need anything Steve.
Take care,
Stew

#116780 - 07/07/01 11:13 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
All of OUR thoughts are with you and your family...

Think about the good times and do what you can to smile smile

#116781 - 07/07/01 11:45 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Remember what you already stated: he died doing what he loved.

My thoughts are with you and your family, Steve.

-David

#116782 - 07/08/01 12:40 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
RT,

It wasn't long ago that I lost my grandfather, and I know how it feels. My grandfather and I were very, very close. But I'll always remember him telling me to do what I love, and that's fishing.
My prayers are with you and your family tonight and forever, and focus on the good times you had with your brother, it really helps. We'll get you out on the river down the road and have you back out doing what you love!
Take care, we're all here for you!
Keith

#116783 - 07/08/01 01:15 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Sorry for your loss RT. My neighbor is still grieving over the loss of his friend, Mike Warren, in an air accident a couple of weeks ago. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

#116784 - 07/08/01 01:32 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
RT, I was saddened to hear of your tragic loss, today. The love you had for your brother is obvious in your post. No doubt, it was obvious to him during his lifetime. Out of that brotherly love will come the strength you need to help his family and yours through the difficult days ahead. Today, our words are powerless in the face of your pain. In time, I hope you'll find comfort in them.

#116785 - 07/08/01 01:39 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Steve, I replied on ifish but I'll say it again. I feel your pain. Best thing to do is deal with your grief in a way that best suits you. Once you can get that out of your system it will help you to move on.

If you need anything, I'm here for you.

Jerry

Northwest River Fisherman

#116786 - 07/08/01 02:19 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
I'm sure that all of us on this board would like to send you our deepest regards. We feel your pain.....I know how close I am to my brothers. Take care, and keep reminding yourself that he was doing what he loved the best.

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#116787 - 07/08/01 02:47 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
bowhunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Newcastle wash
Hey Bud,

Though I do not know you I too feel your pain and just wanted to lend a fellow fisherman a hand in his healing....Just know that he is in a better place and among the fish gods, and to keep stepping forward....
fish on brother!

#116788 - 07/08/01 03:47 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
I posted this on ifsih also but want to say again. So sorry to hear of your loss my condolences and sympathy to you and you
family and your brothers family as well.I haven't lost my brother but have lost close loved ones and it will hurt for awhile. Remeber the good times and let yourself feel the pain and it will get better. It is never easy and you have a wealth of
friends here who are here if you need them. Take it easy and were here for you.
Marty

#116789 - 07/08/01 05:13 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to all of you nice people for your comforting comments! My family and I have been over at my Dad's house all evening with my 2 brother's families. We have begun the healing together. As with all of us, life goes on and we will be happy; and always carry the sprit of our loves ones deep within. Take care. - Steve

#116790 - 07/08/01 06:45 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
RT I'm real sorry to hear about your loss. In times like this, I don't know just what to say, but hang in there things will get better with time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

#116791 - 07/08/01 11:37 AM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
riverdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I don't know you but wish you best during this terrible time in your life. I hope you find comfort in knowing your brother will live in your heart. Take care of yourself and your family.

#116792 - 07/08/01 12:41 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
donsalmon Offline
Smolt

Loc: Spanaway,Wa, USA
Steve,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.Our prayers are with you and your lovedones.

#116793 - 07/08/01 02:06 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Steve,
Sorry to hear about the lost of your brother. I am sending you an email that says a little more about your lost.

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#116794 - 07/08/01 04:00 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
The Real Spoonman Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
RT-

My deepest sympathies to you, my friend.
Know that you have many others that feature you in their thoughts and prayers.

I know haw you feel, man. I lost one of my best friends on a trip six years ago. It stays with you every day, but in time, it will get better. Hang in there, bro.

Bill Herzog.

#116795 - 07/08/01 05:01 PM Re: I Lost My Brother Today
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Sorry to hear about your loss, RT frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 337 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |