LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117339 - 07/17/01 08:12 PM any info on mc callister creek?
scrawny Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
has anybody fished it yet or is is still early? I haven't fished there in a long time I would like to go back

#117340 - 07/17/01 09:06 PM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
heavyhawk06 Offline
Fry

No fish yet in "SNAG" creek yet. The kings are just starting to occasionally nose into the Nisqually, which is generally a pretty good indicator for McCallister. I spoke with the guy at the Clear Creek hatchery (Nisqually) yesterday and he said to expect fishable numbers by mid-August. Of course, the tribe is already netting hard, with little success, in the froggy water west of the I-5 bridge. The tribes catch is turned in at noon daily at the bridge. I will start checking their turn-ins and let you know.

#117341 - 07/18/01 02:54 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
McCallister does not open till aug 1st.
Walk in on the refuge side and fish the high to out going tide.
Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#117342 - 07/18/01 11:58 PM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
SNAGFEST!!!!!!!

#117343 - 07/19/01 09:44 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
Be very careful in the Refuge and stay on their trails...Last year they were issuing tickets for fishing in the wrong places.
Another note: The owner of the camping area said he was going to put up a gate to keep out "trespassers" (as he called them). So there might be limited access.

#117344 - 07/19/01 11:47 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
The guy at the camping area only charges 2.00 a day to fish from his property and there were still douche bags in there trespassing, what a bunch of white trash trailer park meth makin wife beaten no job mother phukers!!!! laugh laugh
Peace superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#117345 - 07/19/01 11:53 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
LOL, Joe, you forgot Schlitz drinkin', triple treble hook snaggin', beer stained wife beatin' tank top wearin', etc. laugh

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#117346 - 07/19/01 11:54 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Come on Joe, tell us how you *really* feel! Funny.

Parker

#117347 - 07/19/01 01:02 PM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
No doubt, man, the game wardens will be in there tough this year because it's easy pickin's on all those six-toed, meth huffin', low-life snaggers mad

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#117348 - 07/19/01 08:46 PM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hey,

Don't talk bad about our Thurston County meth heads! wink These guys are responsible for probably the fourth largest industry down here, right after the Miller brewery.

The problem is pretty bad in that area. One of my fishing/hunting buds works for the Sheriff's office and he cringes when he gets that sector. The only one worse than that area is the one near Bucoda. That's where banjo music is taught in the schools as a core requirement.

If you guys should happen to notice any problems down there, let me know, as my friend loves to carve tickets to snaggers.

Andy

[ 07-19-2001: Message edited by: Dogfish ]

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#117349 - 07/19/01 10:34 PM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
scrawny Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
thanks everyone for the info I do remember that it was a snag fest down there but they do sometimes bite

#117350 - 07/19/01 10:35 PM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
some of us actually catch fish down there legal I got a compliment from wdf last year after I watched them write at least 50 plus ticketsd,good time!!!! PEace

#117351 - 07/20/01 01:03 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
404 Error*File Not Found Offline
Parr

Loc: BC, Canada
"what a bunch of white trash trailer park meth makin wife beaten no job mother phukers!!!! " is the best phrase and i think it would make a great bumper sticker! laugh

#117352 - 07/20/01 09:25 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
riverswild Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: OlyWa
Superfly...."what a bunch of white trash trailer park meth makin wife beaten no job mother phukers!!!! "

Man you can't put it any better than that!

The problem is the people that park across Martin Way and walk in. He also said they were contributing to the erosion of his stream bank.

Last year I was trout fishing with my son in August on Mc Alister and he was bored, saying that nothing was biting. I took his trout rod with half a worm, make two casts and caught a ten pound hen....needless to say, he was ready to fish.

#117353 - 07/24/01 02:00 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
Aqua Man Offline
Eyed Egg

What a f'ing sore spot that is for me.

I live a short mountain bike ride away. For years I would ride there and fish sandshrimp under a float. Then came the snaggers. And more snaggers. And more snaggers. They all just still fish with corkies and talk their lame trailer trash BS. They cast right on top of the fish over and over again making a legal hookup on bait all but hopeless.

Then you have the upscale sight fishing snaggers. They don't wait for the line bump. If you wonder what I'm talking about just go down there ANY(in season) low incoming tide that falls around midday. You can watch them in action. Just look for the expensive shades and watch the masters at work. It makes me sick just thinking about them.

The WDFW know about the situation but don't seemed concerned enough to turn the area around.

Here's the plan: Rent a spot at the trailer park for some "camping." Point the the video camera with it's 64x zoom out the camper window at the perps. Then shove the tape into enough of the right peoples faces. Something would come out of it, no doubt(I can take care of myself, BTW). I'm just worried it might backfire and effect the good fishers in a negative way. I'm undecided.

I have some tape from last year taken when you could park closer. Without the camera being manned I was unsatisfied with the results however.

#117354 - 07/24/01 10:50 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I perfer to just walk out on the new bridge and tell them low life no job crack smoken snaggers "the Game Warden coming" rolleyes
you can always tell the one's that leave.... laugh

Auga...I like you're suggestion about the camera,why not just stand on the bridge and start filming...ummmmm gives a great idea
see ya there.........I have one Dude in mind Auga when you mentioned the expensive Glasses it struck a nerve,He's slender short with an dark complection and he's good...and now..... Photogenic :p

I think it's time to make a movie eek .......Os

#117355 - 07/24/01 11:32 AM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
I'll be the Burt Reynolds-type director, from Boogie Nights, for your movie, Osprey. :p :p :p

Let me know when the N.W.O. is making a movie, and I'll bring the sound BOOM. cool

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#117356 - 07/24/01 09:43 PM Re: any info on mc callister creek?
Aqua Man Offline
Eyed Egg

The only way to get good footage is to have a manned hidden camera. It's like the time the game warden went down there last year. Everyone let their snagged fish go and said, "whoops." She couldn't prove a thing. The next day it was business as usual.

Getting good footage isn't the problem or what's holding me back. Here's the problem: What will it accomplish? Will they close it and give the fish to the natives? Will it air on KOMO, KING, and KIRO making us all look bad? Will PETA jump on it? Will the cowboy and indian netters jump on it? When just about everyone down there is a blatant snagger it could really make us look bad. Now I know there are newbies down there that don't know that still fishing with corkies is all about snagging. On the whole though it's a plain and simple snagfest as this thread suggests.

Snagging is the ******* child of the sportfishing community and the WDFW. It's everywhere. On the whole I don't really think the WDFW or sportfishers want it to go away. Why would they when "harvest" seems to be the driving force behind both.

With that said the dark secret of snagging snagging everywhere will remain under exposed.

I've got another plan for Mc Creek. If you keep your ears open you'll here about it mid Sept. If something bad happens that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is a relatively harmless practical joke. I plan on filming it. Let's just say it's America's Funniest Videos material.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Banana Slama
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 299 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |