Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120776 - 09/05/01 11:10 AM Lower Columbia
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bremerton,WA
I have never fished down in the lower Columbia and was thinking about giving her a shot this weekend. I do not want to take my boat out in the ocean considering that i have a 16 ft polar craft and hearing about the poor ol' souls that lost their lives last weekend. Any report on the fishing, where to launch, etc etc would be helpful
Thanks!
Devine

Once in a while you get shone the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right//

#120777 - 09/05/01 01:04 PM Re: Lower Columbia
screaminreelron Offline
Smolt

Loc: Roy,Wa
Fishing Buoy 10 isn't any more tricky than fishing the sound, at time in both areas you need to be careful. At Buoy 10 you do have one difference-the river current. If the tide is slack and due to go out and the wind is blowing the effect is compounded so be careful and just don't fall asleep. I would launch at Chinook (a great public launch right in the town) or at Ft. Canby State Park launch. Best fishing is right out in front of Chinook in the water about 30-35' deep. Also try Bouys 19,20&21. Those produced very well a week ago. Use a diver with or without a kite (red or green)and a whole herring. The fishing there is awesome with a 4 fish limit! These are nice silvers too 12 -18 lbs. Have fun eek

#120778 - 09/05/01 01:28 PM Re: Lower Columbia
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Thanks my man!! Where is the Chinook State Park? I am relatively new to the area (living in Washington A little over a year), so common knowledge is not so common for me. Is there a campground in the area? If so will I be able to get one late on Friday night or should I make a reservation?
Devine

#120779 - 09/05/01 11:25 PM Re: Lower Columbia
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
There is no Chinook state park Its fort canby state park If you don't call ahead you might have a rough time getting into fort canby.Call Wa st parks 800 # and they can give you the #at the park.Its really a nice park.There are about 3 or 4 little trailer and tent parks in Chinook. once you get there hop in a phone booth and start calling.Or You will drive right by a couple of them on the main road into and at chinook.There is also a K.O.A. just before Ilwaco.When you get into Chinook stop at Jacks country store on the main road and on the left. Another can't miss they can also give you some ideas.
I never noticed where you were from but if You are Coming from Wa cross over the Lewis & clark bridge in Longview Head west on Ore hwy 30 till you get to Astoria.Go through Astoria to the Megler Astoria Bridge.You can't miss it its 3.6 miles long and is very visible.Cross the bridge back to the Wa side and hang a left at the stop sign. This will take you straight to Chinook about3 miles down the road.To get from there you can go straight thru Chinook until you come into Ilwaco.About another4-5 miles.Go to the stop light.Go through the stoplight and Ft Canby is straight ahead about 3-4 more miles.They do have some first come first serve sites and they told a buddy of mine if you get there by 4 Fri you should be able to get in.There are also lots of turnouts after you get off the Astoria bridge and if your desperate you can park a camper or trailer in one of them.Hope this helps,if you need anymore info let me know.Sorry I don't have any of those #s for you but they should be pretty easy to come across.
I will probably be down there myself.Maybe 1 day fishing off the jetty and another out of the boat up by Chinook.Good Luck Rip some lips

#120780 - 09/07/01 01:36 AM Re: Lower Columbia
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Hey devine, let me guess, are you another brother from California? rolleyes

#120781 - 09/07/01 05:32 PM Re: Lower Columbia
devine Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Krome Bright,
I ain't from California brother. I travelled this great country from the armpit of America. New friggin' Jersey. That place is a dump and hence the reason I am out in these here parts. The only fish we got in Jersey are the one's with three eyes and ten fins. I have been fishing for salmon on Lake Ontario since I have been 12 so I know what is going on. Hey was that an insult?
well take it slow men. Unfortunately I can't make it down there this weekend but I will keep the info for some time later this month
gracias!!
good luck and get those suckas
devine

#120782 - 09/08/01 12:03 AM Re: Lower Columbia
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Oh, sorry. I'm down wit ya then. wink

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |