LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121294 - 09/13/01 12:45 AM How many active and reserve military out there.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive been in the Marine Reserve for five years and was getting out in two months. Now it looks as if my discharge is going to have to wait. I got in that shortimer mindset and now it is very possible I may be activated. Since Im a Police Officer I may not be activated, as my civilian job is just as important as my Marine obligation but either way I am ready to do my duty.

Ive ahve been suprised by the young people in our society. It looks like lots of young men are ready to Join the military and give back to this great nation which has sacrificed so much to uphold our liberties, rights and way of life.

Being in my line of work I have seen things that scared me a little about the younger generation not being willing to do their part but I was wrong.

#121295 - 09/13/01 10:16 AM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
I am ready to go again if needed. I served in Desert Shield/Desert Storm and will go back again if that is what my President asks of me. I have been on Active duty since 1983 and am proud to say that I have served my country for nearly 20 years to date.

ETC(SW/AW)
US Navy

#121296 - 09/13/01 10:46 AM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville, WA, USA
13 yrs active duty, currently on inactive reserve status.

My wife (active reserve) has already been put on standby.

I'm ready to go back. Never thought I'd face the possibility, but here we are ...

Mike
Woodinville

Finegrain
Woodinville

#121298 - 09/13/01 01:36 PM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
JasonS Offline
Smolt

Loc: Port Orchard, WA
10yrs active Navy now was getting out in two years but if this ting drags on like all are saying it may not happen.

Jason S

#121299 - 09/14/01 12:17 AM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
Scaly Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sequim, WA, USA
23 years in Coast Guard (including a couple Vietnam campaigns). Still "Semper Paratus" as long as I receive that green check!

#121300 - 09/14/01 01:01 AM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
Kunan Offline
Parr

Loc: Spanaway
I was Active Army from June 1993 to June 1996. I deployed to Bosnia in 1995 to inplement the Dayton peace agreement.Two months ago my eight year commitment was up and I am now off the IRR list. However, my wife was released from active duty last November and she is a prime candidate to be called back. THAT SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME!! We have a 6 month old daughter named Kaila Renee and she is with out a doubt the sweetest most beautiful little girl in the whole world!! Guys, everything sure changes when you have a child involved. I cant even describe all the mixed emotions I've had since the attack. We definately need to make a strong statement and make it swift and severe. All I can say is TAKE ME!!! I'LL GO!! Just God protect my wife and Daughter.

My prayers go out to all thoes who's loved ones died in this terrible tragedy. Also for wisdom. May we make the right choices in the best interests of our Great Nation.

Mike

#121301 - 09/14/01 01:17 AM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
fishysmell'n Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: tenino
Been doing this Army stuff for 18 yrs. Am a First Sergeant in an Engineer Group and they have us on a very short recall right now.

As I look at the pictures of the devistation in NY it amazes me to see that much destuction. so much rubble, so many missing...
frown

Don't look foward to the idea of going to war with a nation of fundamentalists that regard suicied as a way to get to Ahala. Maybe set the place on fire and smoke him out. I've seen to much death from too many conflicts/deployments in the last 18 yrs.

But them a-holes done pissed me off mad and a lot of others at Ft Lewis, and we'll do what ever the C-in-C tells us to do. This time I hope he lets us "finish" the job, not like the last time..

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

#121302 - 09/14/01 01:58 AM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
ramstrong Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Glenside, PA USA
I was active duty Navy 1993-1997 (IS2) I've got 2 1/2 months left in the inactive reserves. Up until this week I thought the coast was clear. But now I don't know. If I am called back I'll enjoy helping make those guys pay.

Chicks dig the floppy ears.

ramstrong@hotmail.com

#121303 - 09/14/01 02:38 AM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
Leadslinger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wa,USA
I spent 10yrs in the USMCR.I was in the Gulf.I got out a few years back.I didn't see any wars on the horizon so I got out.
I wish I had stayed in now.

#121304 - 09/14/01 04:25 PM Re: How many active and reserve military out there.
rustyhook Offline
Parr

Loc: Spanaway, WA
United States Army --- Field Artillery
1971 to 2000 --- CSM(R)

When the deployments happen I as well as many others will continue to volunteer our services to the bases in our area.
Wish I could return however, to many years of active duty service.

God Bless America!!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |