LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122147 - 09/28/01 01:48 PM Sno/Sky silvers?
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone fished these lately...did that rain bring in some cromers!? If so, are they hanging around the confluence or are they shooting straight through like a bat outa hell eek

#122148 - 09/28/01 02:10 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
I hit the sky by Ben Howard boat launch (is there more than one? I'm new to the area...). Lots of fish (mostly coho, but a few humpys as well) jumping, but no biters!! Tried various jigs, spinners, spoons - just not eggs.

#122149 - 09/28/01 04:05 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
A couple of questions for ChadK: is the water up, what kind of clarity, did you try any plugs?

#122150 - 09/28/01 05:07 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

When I was there on Wed, the water was not that much higher than before the rains started. But after watching the river levels on web, i think it shot up there pretty good yesterday. Today, the snoqualmie was definately several inches higher, but mostly clear.

#122151 - 09/28/01 09:59 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
My friend fished the lower Snohomish, down
below the town, and cought two silvers yesteray and two more today. One was 13lbs.
the rest averaged about 7 to 8lbs. He trolls
Wiggle Warts and launches at Lowell Park in
Everett.

Cigar smile smile smile

#122152 - 10/02/01 07:55 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Any more reports on the Sky? What seems to work on these guys?
I'll be down along Ben Howard this week some time and plan to try: Dick Nites, Float/Jigs, Plugs, and spinners. I may even try my luck with my fly rod. Any suggestions for getting into some silvers would be appreciated.

#122153 - 10/02/01 07:58 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Just checked my calendar and it looks like I'll try to hit the sky Thurs morning. If anyone would like to meet me down there, that would be cool. I work in Issaquah, so I have some specific time and distance constraints. I like to hit the Ben Howard boat launch area between 7 and 9am (roughtly)...

#122154 - 10/03/01 12:38 AM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
haverodwillfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Chad K, I Was thinking about hitting the SKY or SNO on Thursday also...been out in Louisianna doing the Army training thing and need to get my fix on fishing again...got any ideas? I have only been there once about a year ago, I am coming from Gig Harbor...

-George Orwell

#122155 - 10/03/01 12:07 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
ChadK, let me know how you do on the Sky as I am planning on heading over Saturday morning. I fished off Ben Howard road last weekend just down from 2 Bit (???... I don't know the river very well). Didn't get anything in the way of silvers. I did fish the Kalama Sunday and saw several fish caught with bumble bee and black wooley bugger patterns (smaller is better). This may apply for the Sky as well although I don't know where they stack in the river.

#122156 - 10/03/01 03:09 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Haverodwillfish - I saw quite a few fish on Monday when I stopped by (no fishing, just scouting). Saw 2 caught. They are pretty easy to find, I just don't know of any good holes that they stack up in yet.
I'll be there at the Ben Howard boat launch about 6:30am or so. Let me know if you want to join me.

#122157 - 10/03/01 04:45 PM Re: Sno/Sky silvers?
Rickomatic Offline
Smolt

Loc: Snohomish
After getting sick and tired of catching humpies, I've been targeting silvers on the Snoh for about a week or so. I've thrown everything at them (yarn,spinners,dicknites,eggs with and without spin n glos, even big steelie spoons..ha). So far I've only managed to land on 6 # silver last friday afternoon, on a chartrusse Vibrax. I fish the beach below the SR 522 bridge. In the past 2 weeks, I've seen 3 caught there ( indluding mine), and talked to a guy who claimed to have taken an 18# buck yesterday morning off the rocks. There are hundreds of fish jumping, some getting darker, some chrome bright. You can bet I'll be out there again in a couple hours trying again. Maybe tonight, I'll take along the kitchen sink.... wink

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Streamer), 1443 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |