THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127680 - 11/22/01 11:16 AM Satsop River - HELP!
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Now that I have your attention. laugh I have heard very little information about this fishery this year. Does anyone have some information for me? I am heading out this weekend and wanted to try this river out for the first time. I am NOT looking for any 'zipperlip' information. I am looking for information on some 'well known' locations for fishing though. I was referred by a friend of mine to a place above the park that might require 4wheel drive. Does this sound right to any of you? If you want to send me information 'off line' please e-mail me at thejacobs@mindspring.com

Thanks ahead of time.

(By the way, it is really a pain checking and second guessing yourself on spelling errors!)

#127681 - 11/22/01 12:37 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
godzilla Offline
Alevin

Loc: kent .wa
I wouldn't go me and my kid were up there 11/21/01 the river is looking really bad unless you like the color of chocolate. It'll probably be blown out like that for about a week. Depending on the rain. Otherwise, it is a very good fishery for silvers and kings I fish it quite a bit. I hope this helps you. Goooood luck if you go. See you on the river.

#127682 - 11/22/01 12:48 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
HELP is the keyword here and we need help from the rain gods(give us a break)the satsop is raging and unfishable at this time.all the creeks are pumping mud and it's still raining.as far as launch sites there is no fishing above the schafer state park.you can put in at the park itself,their are a few tight spots to drift through so be careful.downriver 4 miles is another launch site at kellys bar(donation bar)he has a donation box and it would be advised to put in a few bucks,he has talked of closing it because of litter problems after the last snagfest. if it were my bar i would close it for sure.anyway from their down it is smooth sailing.if it quits raining it should be fishable in about a week so save your gas and look for another river. smile good luck fishing.scott

#127683 - 11/22/01 03:54 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Thanks for the heads up! Think that I'll take my gear elsewhere. Does anyone know of a quality guide service for the river? Looking for some steelhead action and salmon action.

#127684 - 11/22/01 03:58 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Thomas Jacobs:

If that "friend of yours" was above Shafer State Park and was fishing.......It wasn't legal...See page 82, Fishing in Washington 2001/2002

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#127685 - 11/22/01 07:47 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lakewood, WA
Ditto what Drifter said, you cant fish for Salmon above the park bridge, but there is some excellent trout water up there (when its open)
Tight lines
Rock

They can have my eggs when they pry em from cold dead hands

#127686 - 11/22/01 09:38 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
If you are going to hire a guide on the Satsop I would highly recommend Scottie. He knows it probably better that anyone. I have fished with him and you won't be disappointed. He is the one that answered your post a little earlier and lives right close to the river. fp

#127687 - 11/22/01 10:41 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Thomas, I'm not aware of any words that are spelled "4wheel". Do I have to come to Seattle to see the movie?

#127688 - 11/23/01 11:10 AM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Pitch, technically you are correct so I am going to send you some movie tickets that are good at any Regal Cinema. I did say that I would use Merriam Webster's on-line dictionary as the judge and it is not in there, but, I would like to say that '4wheel' drive has been accepted as proper spelling as of the latest 2001 additions to the Merriam Webster's dictionary. Each year they make addendums to the dictionary and this one has not made it on-line yet. It was posted in June however in the Seattle Times. It would be comparable to 'all right' and 'alright'.

Since I am unable to get a copy of the article, and it is not in the on-line dictionary, you win. Congratulations! Please send me your address so I can send the tickets.

#127689 - 11/23/01 11:43 AM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Pitch Pocket,
Now you can take your kids to go see Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone laugh

#127690 - 11/23/01 01:00 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Thomas, thanks for the tickets! Guess I got in right under the wire. As of yet though, there is no online dictionary I've found that can find 4wheel. Let me know when you see it come up.

Kids saw Harry Potter yesterday while we made dinner. I think I'll take the wife!

#127691 - 11/24/01 11:17 AM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Pitch Pocket, you win. I admit it. I guess I'll have to look for some obscure law like RT did to try to get out of it but as the saying goes....only the rich and famous really get away with the crime. I got your e-mail and address so will be sending the tickets at soonest possible time. Enjoy Harry....haven't seen it yet myself but heard great things. I am really waiting for LOTR...big Tolkien fan since knww high.

#127692 - 11/24/01 11:18 AM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Pitch Pocket, you win. I admit it. I guess I'll have to look for some obscure law like RT did to try to get out of it but as the saying goes....only the rich and famous really get away with the crime. I got your e-mail and address so will be sending the tickets at soonest possible time. Enjoy Harry....haven't seen it yet myself but heard great things. I am really waiting for LOTR...big Tolkien fan since knww high.

#127693 - 11/24/01 07:04 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Enjoy Harry....haven't seen it yet myself but heard great things. I am really waiting for LOTR...big Tolkien fan since knww high.

A fan since knee high, I bet..fp

#127694 - 11/25/01 12:01 AM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
Local Offline
Returning Adult

If you are looking for a guide, Scottie sounds like the man to hook up with. How many guides do you know that are willing to share tips about their favorite rivers. Good luck !

#127695 - 11/26/01 03:18 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats Pitch' and Thomas. Now that was a good contest. You lasted a lot longer than I did! I want to try it again; preferably after some more guys try it out. It's very challenging to avoid a misspelled word - especially if you don't use a spell checker.

BTW, I have fished with Scotty and he's a really good guy and a great fisherman.

RT

#127696 - 11/26/01 04:25 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I`ll say one thing about a spelling "B". If even some of us illiterates gave away something each time we got caught misspelling a word the amount of posts on this board would drop tremendously due to spending so much time making sure we spelled everything right. laugh
Then of course there would be the welchers.. rolleyes
Myself, I don`t use a spell checker of any sort,
If I don`t know how to spell it to begin with, I wouldn`t know what to look up..Heh-heh

#127697 - 11/26/01 09:08 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
PGA Offline
Fry

Loc: Issaquah
OK guys, slow down a bit. Communication is the art of relaying information to another person. Spelling should count in school, But on a fishing web site??? I don't get online much,... could there be a spelling site somewhere? Everybody spells better than I...

As for the Satsop, I fished at the park Fri, Saw 4 silvers caught, 2 had sea lice. No more Chums. Good luck!

#127698 - 11/26/01 09:19 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

PGA,

Nobody really cares much about misspelled words on this fishing BB. The spelling game is just for kicks. I should qualify that ... if someone spelled 'got skunked' by typing 'cooned em', then we'd get a bit upset. laugh ... We also had a guessing game for where pics were taken. Fun.

RT

#127699 - 11/26/01 09:27 PM Re: Satsop River - HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey RT, you are right about the spelling...it is very challenging. More of a pain in the behind than I thought but well worth it.

Pitch...have to apologise tickets did not go out this weekend...going out in Tuesday's mail. If you don't receive them in a reasonable amount of time let me know and I will call ahead and order tickets of your choice at a local theatre and pay by credit card. I would not want you or your wife to have to wait longer for Harry.

I would like more people to step up to the plate on this challenge but don't expect much of a change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
captainchris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1242 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645415 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |