LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129002 - 12/02/01 08:53 PM El Winterdado!
sculpin Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Seattle
Had some good luck on the Sky today. Any other sucess stories to be had in that area? Landed a nice chromer of the brat genus! laugh

#129003 - 12/02/01 10:41 PM Re: El Winterdado!
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Good to hear Sculp. I only managed one semi bright chum on the ol' pink jig. Not alot of pressure today which was nice. Water and color were good.
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#129004 - 12/03/01 02:08 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I didn't hit the Sky today, but did get out up around Fall City.

Very nice way to "officially" start the winter season, hooked seven fish, three summers and four winters (landed two of each, heavy water today!). Brought home a nice ten pound buck.

BBQ coming up!

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#129005 - 12/03/01 02:12 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Hope you guys had a good time because after posting on here it will be short lived.. laugh laugh confused

#129006 - 12/03/01 02:24 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont care how much people brag about how many fish they caught on specific rivers as long as they arnt talking about the rivers in my back yard.

Not a good Idea to give specifics, but hey its a free country.

Who pissed in your corn flakes Timber? You've seemed to be in a bad mood lately. eek

#129007 - 12/03/01 02:42 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

RICH...I guess I'm just tired of all the "fish here fish there" posts..

Did I ruffle feathers? laugh

Not tryin to be a dick even though it has seemed that way lately just want all the " fish here fish there" to stop...

The thing about it is Rich It might not be in your back yard but It will be in someones backyard!!! Know what I mean?

OK guys lets just leave well enough alone!!!

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Timber Man ]

#129008 - 12/03/01 02:54 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. Didnt ruffle my feathers, I know how frusterateing it can be when you go to a place that you think is a secret and all of a sudden theres five other guys there the next time you visit. There are many streams on the straits that I havent fished for 4 or 5 years due to word of mouth, Fishing and hunting lies and no offense to you STS writers but them too.

I saw pictures of many of my favorite zipper places in an STS issue last year. it showed like 4 different rivers and small streams in locations that I fish and very few others. Im talking maybe 10 different people a year that fish it from time to time and a few explorers. Thank god it didnt give you the names or I would have to find new secret places to fish. There arnt many new places left that have no or very little presure.

#129009 - 12/03/01 06:36 AM Re: El Winterdado!
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
TM.....The "Sky" and the river near "Fall City"
are very general accounts....Do you think????
There are both Zipper's for sure.....The "Sky"
could mean any spot for 40 miles of river. Dude
fight battles worth fighting. Oh I forgot the secret hand shake...There never should be information exchanged here.....Peace
:p :p confused

#129010 - 12/03/01 10:44 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
The sky is my backyard, live in Gold Bar. Nothing wrong with your post sculpin, it was a general post and the Sky is a medium sized river. Face it the Sky is only 30 minutes out of Seattle, it is no zipperlip and is going to get tons of pressure. Even if a post would have been made about a location that is know by almost every fisherman such as the Mouth of Wallace no harm done, its already crowded. If every person on this board went to the Sky this weekend, bet ya I could still find a few of my private holes that hold fish that would be empty. If you find a private hole that seems hardly anyone knows about then do not post about it, because it will get some more pressure, but for more popular holes most people know about them anyway. Just my opinion.

#129011 - 12/03/01 11:51 AM Re: El Winterdado!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Gee, thanks a lot scuplin and Todd. wink Now, EVERYONE knows your secret. Heck, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. It's obvious, you were fishing exactly at...

"The Sky"

Could be one of the forks, Reiter, Cable Hole, Wedding dock, High Bridge to Sultan, The Wallace, The Sultan, Sultan to Two Bit. Two Bit to Ben Howard. Ben Howard to Lewis St. The tressle. Lewis St. to the confluence.

"Fall City". Plums to Fall City. The Raging. Fall City to (er...I forger the names of these launches). The Tolt. Another one I don't know the name of.

There! Now we know *EXACTLY* where the hot spot is! wink

BK and I hit two fish at Reiter on Saturday. Yeah, I know. The hot spot is out now! eek

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#129012 - 12/03/01 12:02 PM Re: El Winterdado!
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Hey guys,
Don`t give Timberman a complex, heck, someday he might just catch a fish on his own.. laugh

#129013 - 12/03/01 01:54 PM Re: El Winterdado!
Hohwaiian Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, Washington, US
boy oh boy!!! I'm Rieter bound. Anyone know were it is? If you don't want to post it on the BB, just shoot me some mail... laugh

#129014 - 12/03/01 02:23 PM Re: El Winterdado!
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Parker,

Dude, now you've really gone and done it! BK even started a thread about the Everett Herald blowing like the wind. Imagine what he's gonna do now that you've let the cat out of the bag. :p smile

#129015 - 12/03/01 02:49 PM Re: El Winterdado!
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Yeah this is funny!! I don't think that Timber was talking specifically about those rivers but just the whole brag yourself up on how many fish your catching and giving clues on where your fishin. You fished with BK this Sat?!?!?! Oh great..... rolleyes Its like a paradise lost sometimes. When you can fish a river and hit fish for a couple of weekends see a couple of boats and bankies. Then it comes up that that its the "HOT SPOT" on one of the boards and there are twelve to sixteen boats on a small river. Makes my heart cry oh well. Don't get me wrong I think that the board has some great information and a lot on really knowledgeable people. But I'm a selfish person who would like that paradise for one more weekend. Read a short story by Robert Traver called "Intruder" that might explain it the best.
Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC

#129016 - 12/03/01 10:38 PM Re: El Winterdado!
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Good gravy. You folks act like the rivers never got crowded before the Internet. Heck, I was out at the Snoqualmie on Sunday, river was ripping at 6500 cfs, and it was still crowded. Most of the folks aren't using the Net to figure out that it's time to fish it. They're using a highly secret device, that I'm about to let you in on. It's called "The Calendar".

This is a highly secret tool that I'm letting you in on here. You can use this 'calendar' to predict when fish will be in a river. All you do is mark down the day you catch fish or see fish caught in a river, and then use your calendar to come back next year, AT THE SAME TIME! Amaze your friends! Get one, and you will get the fish, and the girl! I will be happy to provide you a 2001 calendar, for only $49.95, and shipping will even be included!

Seriously, I fish both these rivers, and I'm grateful for the information that winter fish are being caught, as I expected they would, and had heard from three other sources already. Yes, they're going to be zoo'd next weekend, but that should be no surprise to any of us.

#129017 - 12/03/01 11:11 PM Re: El Winterdado!
DinkDiggler Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: washington
LMAO!
Hey seriously, does anyone know where I can get away from the crowds and enjoy some good fishing this weekend?
C-mon, VERY few places on the Sky qualify as zipperlip holes
funny thread though!

#129018 - 12/04/01 04:36 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Dink, I won't reveal any zippers of mine, but I'll give you a bunch of them up in Washington. eek laugh Try the E****, S****** (trib of the ******), E********, Reiter (ooops), 'S***, G****, N******, S***********, W******, S***** Cr., H******, C******, T***, C*****, D*****, D**********, and more north/south/east/west and middle Forks than can fit in one post. All of them have fish right now. ... jk, those aren't even real zippers. I agree it's best not to mention uncrowded spots.

#129019 - 12/04/01 10:55 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Kevin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: seattle,wa
Think the whole point was lost on yah brah. Wasn't talking about the sky or the crummie big secrets rolleyes rolleyes . And yes I do have a calendar and a log book that I look back on. You don't think that it effects the amount of people just look at that calendar of yours and post when then fishing is going to be "HOT" and lets se how ya like. laugh

Tight lines

Kevin

SRBC

#129020 - 12/04/01 11:23 AM Re: El Winterdado!
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

rainycity- Don't be a DICK!! you know nothing about me so don't be making statements like that.Or are you tryin to boast your ego.

You guys lost the point here. Best to leave rivers out of it ...talk about tech not rivers!I don't give a **** if they are crowded.

All I have to say is if I see someone on here post about a small river I fish that doesnt get much presure..I hope I never see that person because it wont be good for my criminal record..

#129021 - 12/05/01 06:21 PM Re: El Winterdado!
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
Timber Man, geez, I hope you get some meds to get that blood pressure down before you have a stroke! You have been on this board long enough to know not to take all this stuff personally. rolleyes

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1419 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |