Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131029 - 12/19/01 12:46 AM So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gooose is just testing the fishing hole.... laugh ?
As an old decrepit pencil lead, corky, yarn and bait guy who is... I'm not as yet admitting to lacking in any such experiences...just wondering
if there is such a thing as "Pink Worm....hmmmm ah what the heck...Virgins?" rolleyes Please don't infer from my question that Gooose hasn't....oh crap...enough...just wondering. Maybe some of you experts could help out the res...uh other guys?

Still Got My Jig Virginity eek
Gooose laugh

#131030 - 12/19/01 01:07 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
I can now say I am no longer a PWV. I gave mine up just last week to a nice 8# sh. It was gentle to me and didn't hurt me too much on the take. In fact it just played with my ......bobber for a few seconds before taking me deep into the corner of its mouth.

Giz...

#131032 - 12/19/01 02:09 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
Goooooooooooose:

While I am still a jig virgin, I am proud to tell you that I am not a PWV. The first time I ever tried the pink worm was for Summer run steel about 4-5 years back. I'd floated thru a nice drift several times, and while drifting the same hole yet again, I put my pole in the crook of my arm and began to admire the creation. I remember looking around at the mountains and just thinking how beautiful it was.... when I became aware that my gear had "drifted" upstream. Only took me a minute or two to remember that physics just doesn't work that way. I set the hook into one of my nicest Summer Runs ever. As I type this I can still remember the drift, the mountains and a few of the jumps that fish made.

Haven't been out without pink worms in the vest since. Don't always try 'em, but always have 'em.

Man, I hope to drop that "jig virgin" title this weekend.

Fisherdan

#131033 - 12/19/01 02:20 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Fishnbuddee Offline
Fry

Loc: North Bend, WA
Well, last winter was my first steelhead (on a float/jig), and i've followed it up with 3 summer run fish (spinners for 2, spoon for 1). So this winter I'll try the pink worm (does it matter if it is used on a jig?).

#131034 - 12/19/01 02:30 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Anonymous
Unregistered

AuntyM
Shortin it?!? eek My worms are only so long....crap I ain't going there. Nite all!

JV prostaff
Gooose laugh

#131035 - 12/19/01 05:10 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
I hooked and lost a nice one a pink worm. Hmm, does that mean I'm still a virgin smile

#131036 - 12/19/01 05:27 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Jacob, you are a PWV. As soon as the rain stops that will be easily rectified. Until then you will just have to be ashamed! wink

Hey Aunty, I wouldn't mind being told my worm is a couple inches too long; smile but I'll pass on that pinching off thing. (I cut my pink worms with a scissors - several at a time for the vest or boat).

#131037 - 12/19/01 08:44 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
I had my first pink worm experience about 6 years ago, way before they were so popular out here. I floated the Sol Duc for the first time. The guide ask us how we liked to fish, and we told him we were pretty versatile, what did he find the most productive. He ask if we had ever fished with the pink worm?....after several cross-eyed looks at that funky bass worm...we ask if he was kidding. He said he had just gotten turned on to it and it was awesomely effective thru the bolder gardens on the Sol Duc.....well....about 50 yards into the float......fish on......and I been a worm dancer ever since.

#131038 - 12/19/01 11:17 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
I have got to admit I am a PWV. But hopefully that will end today or tomorrow. I will keep you posted. laugh

#131039 - 12/19/01 11:26 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
hopefully ina few days I wont be a pwv any more Ben

#131040 - 12/19/01 11:33 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
papafsh Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA.
PWV, that's me too! Truth is I haven't used them that much, is why. I always have the pink worm with me wink but don't whip it out very often, because I usually get enough action with other things first.

But with I'm willing to concentrate on the "angle with the dangle" over the next few days to see if I can pop one with a worm.

cool

#131041 - 12/19/01 12:41 PM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
I do think they work better on a native fish rather then a hatchery fish. Has anyone else found this to be true?

#131042 - 12/19/01 12:48 PM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Net_Boy Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett,WA,USA
Just caught my first jig fish, but am still fishless with the pink worm. Will have to try to fix that situation soon.
Matt
OnCorhynchUS

#131043 - 12/19/01 05:07 PM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
Randy,
Ill agree with that! Big natives love worms! I feel I am the master of the worm and I fish primarily on a stretch deemed "selective" so when its in Im fishing it. All I carry is rigged worms and my box of Tads! Nothing like Bear creak drift in March with a Pink worm on a bobber! I will say I tend to go with bait were allowed though.

Bob D

#131044 - 12/19/01 07:06 PM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Well, I figured a lot of us have dabbled with our pink worms at one time or another. I know I have. wink They can be awful fun too!...Oh, nevermind, just reread your topic post gooose. Now I get it! I am a virgin in this category too. I've got a package of worms and some boobers to use with them. But I think I'll try them on the bottom without the bobber at first.

#131046 - 12/19/01 11:01 PM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
I landed my first 2 winter runs on a 6 inch pink worm about 4 years ago. I've used them occasionally since with mixed luck. I've found them tough to control casting upstream and have found jigs generally more versatile. I also had a big native I spotted refuse a pink worm last season and then take a small black jig on the first cast...37 inches. I'd be curious to try a black or brown worm. Anyone done it? confused

#131047 - 12/19/01 11:02 PM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
I landed my first 2 winter runs on a 6 inch pink worm about 4 years ago. I've used them occasionally since with mixed luck. I've found them tough to control casting upstream and have found jigs generally more versatile. I also had a big native I spotted refuse a pink worm last season and then take a small black jig on the first cast...37 inches. I'd be curious to try a black or brown worm. Anyone done it? confused

#131048 - 12/20/01 01:08 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm....well since KB came out of the closet as an admitted PWV...I'll have to fess up. rolleyes At least I'm still able to distinguish between boobers and bobbers :p . Gooose is gonna go for the double loss of his unsullied reputation as a JV/PWV this weekend as the rivers are dropping...and I intend to be downright easy for the taking by any wiling steelie. laugh Course I might be tempted to toss spoons or spinners if my less than virginial side takes over.

gooose laugh

#131049 - 12/20/01 03:04 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I'm a pink worm virgin and a jig virgin. I got some pink worms at Olympic Sporting Goods and carry them with me but have only used them a couple of times. Lost my virginity, when I was 12, on a real worm however. Never have caught a steelhead on a spoon or spinners either.

#131050 - 12/20/01 06:32 AM Re: So How Many Worm Virgins Out There
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some of you PVW's that carry around rubber pink worms just need more confidence in them and then you will be getting them out to use more often. Kinda like in the younger days when you used to carry that other type of rubber around in your wallet, but lacked the confidence to use them. Maybe a bit like KB? laugh Geeez. You young guys all think with your pink worms. rolleyes That's why he typed boobers, Gooose.

BTW, while I think the pink colored rubber worms are the best for steelhead fishing, they do take other colors. In clear water we have found they take the transparent purple or red color on a jighead. And the black worm with a chartreuse tip is a very good one.

RT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crazycat, Fishgal
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 406 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645461 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |