Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112995 - 05/02/01 08:27 PM Ringold Springers
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Considering a mission to Ringold for Springers this weekend. I would appreciate any information that you would be willing to share.

I am especially interested in whether or not htere is camping in the immediate area, and whether or not there is a burn ban in effect there or in Grant county. I know the ban starts something like May 1 or 15 or maybe it's 1 June?

We are considering plunking and I read that 12 to 16 ounce weights are used. confused Can you get away with smaller stuff than that? We will be bringing the drift gear, too.

As always any information will be greatly appreciated. You can e-mail me at a-r@pourette.com and I will let you in on an excellent trout fishing hole/method.

GutZ

#112996 - 05/02/01 09:33 PM Re: Ringold Springers
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
I have camped there for hunting season. Unimproved areas, just find a spot and set-up camp. I don't know about the burn ban. For plunking try 4-6oz. That should work just fine. Herring and spin-n-glos has been the usual offerings. If you use eggs, you'll get alot of squawfish bites. Last week was real good, but Saturday was slow (according to a couple of friends).

#112997 - 05/02/01 09:34 PM Re: Ringold Springers
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
I have camped there for hunting season. Unimproved areas, just find a spot and set-up camp. I don't know about the burn ban. For plunking try 4-6oz. That should work just fine. Herring and spin-n-glos has been the usual offerings. If you use eggs, you'll get alot of squawfish bites. Last week was real good, but Saturday was slow (according to a couple of friends).

#112998 - 05/03/01 12:11 AM Re: Ringold Springers
Bellinghamangler Offline
Alevin

Loc: Richland
I have fished there quite a bit, you can camp wherever you want. I was there Saturday and it was slow, I saw about 5 fish landed, all of them were small. i was holding bottom with 8oz. Most guys were using spin n glows in front of either small herring or smelt, I coulden't tell which. I tried tuna balls (always wanted to give them a shot) and got nothing. The report I got was that it was very good throughout the week.
Good Luck

#112999 - 05/03/01 11:38 AM Re: Ringold Springers
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
I've been there the last two days before work, it's pretty slow. Tuesday 6-10AM, 7 fish for 70 rods. Today 5-7:30AM, 3 for 35 rods(the ones I could see). Not a lot of fishing time. It used to always open the 15th of May, allowing for a whole lot of fish to stack up out front prior to the opener, and hot fishing. I haven't seen it, but I have heard from several sources that last week was very good.
I would suggest 8 ounces to stay down, and most guys are throwing grapplers(prongs of wire sticking out the side). Herring is the ticket, and this year they are using SMALL herring. Not sure whether it's just a supply and demand thing, but they are small. I've seen nor heard of any magic colors for spin and glows. It seems like everyone is throwing a different color. Try the usuals; chrome with a chartreuse or red top, peach, sunrise, solid red, etc.. Everyone does seem to be throwing white wings, though. Good luck, plunking is not my favorite technique, i'll be elsewhere. So many options.......

#113000 - 05/03/01 01:53 PM Re: Ringold Springers
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Thanks! cool

#113001 - 05/07/01 07:02 PM Re: Ringold Springers
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

We did make over to Ringold Saturday afternoon and fished with 200 of our closest friends. Didn't touch a fish in the brutal Mariah, until the Sun touched down on Hanford. At that precise moment we got a fish and the **** stop howling. Camped right on the river.

Got two more Sunday, but for most it was a bit slow. Heard rumor of a big bite on friday.

Fish checker says there is a 950 fish Quota, so not sure how much longer it will be open.

Thanks again for the tip about herring. I never would have thought of that, that far up the River.

So, in addition to bringing the things above, I would like to add a
windbreaker. You might also consider bringing your own rock.

GutZ

[ 05-07-2001: Message edited by: GutZ ]

#113002 - 05/07/01 07:09 PM Re: Ringold Springers
Ratherbfishin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bainbridge Island, WA USA
Thanks for all of the info. GutZ and I made it to Ringold Saturday afternoon. I picked up a 10# Saturday evening and Gutz a 10# and 13# Sunday morning.

What a sight! Estimated 185 people on Sunday all shoulder to shoulder, but all having fun and some catching fish. Was blasting wind an Saturday, but amazing enough it died down right when I caught my fish. As that was my first ever springer, it felt like a sign from the fish gods. Was a beautiful calm day on Sunday. After a few caight in the morning hours it really slowed down and we left at 2:00.

Not exactly our style of fishing, but had fun and got some for the smoker.
laugh laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1233 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |