LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115924 - 06/23/01 11:39 PM FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shane ('Stew) and I fished the Cowlitz with Jeff (Jeffhead) and Mike (HEY_YALL) on Fridday and Jeff came up with a great idea for Floatilla III (jk about the nerd part - well kinda laugh ). This is from the Cowlitz Summerruns thread:

The 4 of us talked about the Cowlitz being a good candidate for Floatilla III (or IV if there is a mid-summer one). Jeff suggested a Saturday in the second half of September (and maybe an overnighter for Sunday too for those that want to fish 2 days). People will be back from vacations with the kids back in school, yet the weather is still fairly nice thru Sept. The big Cowlitz, with it's reservoirs, will have enough flow for the driftboat runs and the sleds should be able to go too. The river should have lots of fresh bright coho salmon and also some of the later arriving summer steelhead. He suggested meeting at the long gravel launch bar near Castle Rock to fish near the mouth of the Toutle and on down the river aways. I think that's great Jeff! I will put up a separate thread about this for getting feedback. Thanks. ...

Since this is Jeff's idea, and he and 'Yall know the Cowlitz well, I nominate Jeff for event organizer and 'Yall for head of the activity committee eek . Give them some feedback here and you 2 let us know the particulars as the time approaches (Sept 22nd? Or 15th or 29th?). ...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw!

#115925 - 06/24/01 12:43 AM Re: FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Hey guys,
This does sound like a lot of fun... Perhaps the flotilla 3 or 4 should be on the lewis.. There will be plenty of water and tons of fish to catch in september, including fall kings which we should be able to keep this year. The silver fishing is unreal from september-december, they're talking about 75,000 silvers to be coming back. The only issue if finding a camping spot for the overnighter thing. Anyhow I would go to the cowlitz or any river to join in on the excitement and fun!! Just keep me posted.
Keith

#115926 - 06/25/01 03:19 PM Re: FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Sounds like a very crowded, sled freak show to me.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#115927 - 06/25/01 03:39 PM Re: FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Thanks for the additional duties as assigned Rt. laugh As for the date the 22nd of September, the 6th or 13th of October are the options for me if I am going to coordinate the fishing festivities. I have a prior commitment on the 29th (Tickets to the Mariners). Any of these days would be good with plenty of Toutle and Cowlitz silvers filling the lower Cow. The best action at that time of year is from just above where the Toutle drops into the Cow down to the gravel bar launch at Camelot. I would say that we get as many sledheads to volunteer to take guests as this is really not a good stretch for driftboats. As for the amount of people on the river SZ, it is big enough to handle the pressure. Feedback from the masses on either which day is best would be appreciated!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#115928 - 06/25/01 03:44 PM Re: FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Either Oct. 6th or 13th is good for me. If I had to make a guess it would be the 6th, because of less rain chances and Tillamook hasn't heated up much yet - at least in the rivers. Let's get some feedback here. And the same thread at ifish needs the Oct. dates suggested, for more feedback.

RT

#115929 - 06/26/01 10:14 AM Re: FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
The consensus from the ifish board seems to be The 6th of October, also it was suggested that if the conditions were right that we might change the river to chase big nooks' instead. We'll just have to watch the weather and go from there as we get closer. Looking forward to meeting some more guys from the boards and to fish with new old friends too!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

[ 06-26-2001: Message edited by: Jeffhead ]

#115930 - 06/26/01 10:36 AM Re: FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
I may be heading out that way around the 13th of October to hook up with someone to do a little fishin. If it all ties in, and you don't mind a Midwesterner, I may be able to make this work. Hey RT, let me know as you get closer to your event. Midwest against the Pacific Northwest. Sounds like I may be the pivot man in a circle jerk. Ouch.

#115931 - 06/28/01 11:56 AM Re: FLOATILLA III - (Revenge of the Nerds?)
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Sounds good Hawk,alway looking for a new pivot man,Rednecks no fun anymore....Os

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1384 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |