Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119051 - 08/13/01 01:56 PM Kalama River Clean Up Time
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
Just hiked the canyons the other day and the summer time trash is down there. So what do you say we do another clean up. Steelies, kings and silvers are in. So lets say late AM some time so we can get some fishing in that AM. I am thinking that 8/25 would be a good day. What do you guys think? Maybe some cold ones and some food after we are all done. Hope you can all make it. Let me know.

#119052 - 08/13/01 03:17 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
Kalama - I hit the lower river (just upstream of I-5) on Sunday morning and it was surprisingly clean. Not perfect but still not as much trash as I'd expect. Perhaps the canyon is a better place to go. The Chinooks were there in small numbers along with some coho (but I didn't land any). They should be thick by 8/25. I will try to be there to help out.

#119053 - 08/13/01 03:49 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
Last week I did a little wandering around on the Banks of the Kalama. There was quite a bit of trash on the banks. I didnt make it all the way up to the canyon, I stayed lower. What surprised me was the bank along the Beginers hole was pretty clean.
I heard a rumor that some of the chinook are jumpig over the wier instead of going into the trap. Supposedly there are a lot of chinook moving up to the trap below Modrow. Thursday there was a bunch of steelhead around I-5, My brother in-law hooked 3 by the trestle.

#119054 - 08/14/01 02:42 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Hey Kalamabama;
Curtis, Powerguts and I will be there Friday Night. Any word on Rainbow Park?

GutZ
Fish Now! Sleep later!

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: GutZ ]

#119055 - 08/14/01 03:13 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

GutZ I will keep you posted. Hope Coho and Willie will make it also. I do think that the Canyons would be a good place to clean up it needs it. See you all there. 1:00 at Prichards sound good to you all.

#119056 - 08/14/01 03:26 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
I am going to try and make this one. Is it worth bringing the driftboat to fish in the morning/evening or is it too low. If I can make it, I will look for you guys at 1pm.

One suggestion is to change the meeting place to Willierowers new bait shop since he is a board member. Willie did you change the name?

Also, isn't there another campground down on the river besides Rainbow Park or did it shut down also?

#119057 - 08/14/01 03:35 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
T Dodge Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
I am in Montana on the 25th and for that week. Besides that and Labor Day weedend, my schedule is open. It sounds like the ball is already rolling, but if the pick-up could be put off til the weekend of Sept 8 or 15, I could make it. Tad.

#119058 - 08/14/01 04:11 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Stadle from Seattle;
It definetely is worth bringing a driftboat. In the past we have fished the Mouth of the Kalama or the Lewis prior to cleanup. We pickup trash for a couple of hours and then back to Camp (wherever that might be!) for some "refreshments". I usually head down Friday. Fish Saturday Am and perhaps in the evening. Then a morning drift Sunday,(maybe the Lewis?) then home.

The Campground you speak of is Kamp Kalama. Not a real good option. Crowded, small sites with too many street lights, only a stones throw from the constant roar of I-5. Bites. Did it last weekend. $16.00 a night, too.

Good Luck in Montana T. Dodge.

GutZ

#119059 - 08/15/01 02:59 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Good to hear form you all. I am still looking for a good camping place or at least a place to have a BBQ. Stadle The one reason we meet at Prichards is that they have supported the clean ups from the start. Even paying to have the garbage taken to the dump and dumped. So I believe that Prichards will still be a good spot to meet. Hope to see you all there.

#119060 - 08/17/01 08:18 AM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Just keeping this up top. Hope everyone can make it. There are some bigggg Nookies in the river!!!! laugh

#119061 - 08/17/01 12:17 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
Hey Yall Watch This Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia....beeyotch
I say you guys show up and meet at the Kalama Bait and Tackle store, so you can show support to fellow PP's, willierower and his wife. The store is under new management and is actually open for a change. cool Glad to see you guys turning that place around, Paul.

thefishinggoddess.com fan club

#119062 - 08/21/01 02:06 PM Re: Kalama River Clean Up Time
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Well lets keep the meeting place at Prichards at 1:00 PM. I also agree we should show support to Willierower so lets get some cold ones at his place after we are done. I am sure we will need one or two. See you all there. laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1334 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |