Hey guys,

I've been away for a while, and have been catching up on the backlog of posts. Haven't been fishin' since a day on the Satsop with Dogfish earlier this fall. Gotta say that the flaming and cranky cusses on this BB are near an all time low in my opinion. So here's something to think about as Christmas draws closer...

This is a picture of my dad, Ray. This was taken in Sekiu a couple of years ago and you can tell he was pretty happy holding that fish for the pic. That's a memory that I will hold on to for the rest of my life, because guys, my dad passed away unexpectedly on Veterans Day due to complications with the chemo treatment he was taking. I loved to go fishing with my Dad and will miss him a lot.

Think about what's important to you. I really hope that your family and friends are more important than any snagging thread or protecting some private zipperlip hole. Let's treat each other like family on this BB and look for the good in each other. Let's put our egos in the box for a while, be friendly, take someone fishing (Andy, you're on my short list) and remember what's most important. It's not just about the fish we like to brag about, it's about the time we spend doing what we love with the people we love. Make the most of it! That's all...Happy Holidays everyone!

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: seacat ]