Hey here's a fun new topic idea! It may have been done before, but let's revisit it anyway. The newcomers can respond and so can the "old-timers." Hopefully it'll get us away from the snagging/b*tch/bullsh*t threads, anyway.

Describe some of the most physically messed up fish you've ever caught/seen. They can be salmon, steelies, trout, etc.

I have a couple contributions myself, but they aren't much. Okay, here they are:

-Caught a trout once with an empty eyesocket (had one eye, but was missing the other) eek
-Caught a few hatchery steelies with completely chewed/rubbed off dorsal fins-this one's pretty common I'm sure (btw, this wasn't in a river where hatcheries CLIP the dorsals, just the adiposes)
Caught a wild steelhead one time with what appeared to be a carved design in its adipose (don't think it was natural-somebody probably caught it and before releasing it, carved into its fin-sad that people would actually mutilate a fish, I released it unharmed)
-Caught a springer last year with a round hole on one of its sides that went almost to the spine (wasn't a seal bite either-pretty sure it was one of those lamprey that attach themselves to the fish and suck-had little puncture holes all around the circle most likely from the lamprey teeth)
-Caught one of those triploid trout last year with a majorly hyperextended a$$hole-literally hanging 2 plus inches down from the main underside of the fish (looked like a pink worm hanging down) eek

Now I know these aren't the most messed up fish out there. Let's hear some GOOD stories. wink

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Krome Brite ]