LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132519 - 12/22/01 08:19 PM Live Chat???
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Was curious if there was still interest in live one or two hour chat on either Monday or Tuesday eves.

Since this is the site's busiest time of the year, I thought we might want to look at the idea a little more seriously this time. I do have Java-based chat available on the site right now, but it's basically unlinked to, so it would only take a few minutes to have everything up and running.

Personally, I'd prefer a Monday or Tuesday night myself ... either 8 to 9, 9 to 10, or 8-10 PM.

I'd appreciate any feedback on whether the group would be interested in this, and preferred times and days. Thanks!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#132520 - 12/22/01 08:33 PM Re: Live Chat???
EggsGuy Offline
Parr

Yeah Bob, Chat sounds great,,,I think that 7-10 for one whole week would be cool, or have a chat that is open all day. just a thought. I think that it will be a good way to talk to one another with out having to post a topic and o a reply.

Hope your back is feeling better, and I am thankful that your not fishing so there are some more fish to be caught, thanks again for all your time in effort spent in front of the PC making this the BEST fishing site on the web
Thanks
EGG'S

#132521 - 12/22/01 09:08 PM Re: Live Chat???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the idea too Bob. Monday (or Tue.) would be a good day, right after the weekend fishing. The chat on ifish is on Wednesday nights and it starts at 8pm. Then it just goes as long as people want to stay on. When I used to get on there it commonly lasted until around 9:30 or so. I haven't been there in a couple months, but some have taken to logging on as me or other person to make us look bad. Allowed and totally different from their BB policies (because of the bashees?). So I would suggest using the same as BB guidelines to avoid negative chats. Maybe an eject button for 'chat crackers'? laugh ...

One thing that is cool, because there are usally a dozen or two of hard core anglers on these chats (which aren't saved like posts are), rather than being seen by hundreds of fishers, that secret techs and places more often get discussed. And there is a running list of monikers of who and how many are on (many anonymously, that need observation for motives). Other than that, great avenue for interactive fishin talk, and some of that 'guys' type of "boat talk"; which the ladies are also good at I might add. Fun.

RT

#132522 - 12/22/01 09:14 PM Re: Live Chat???
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
Bob, I think that the live chat thing would be great. I hope you decide to do it. Anyone wanna cyber?

#132523 - 12/22/01 09:20 PM Re: Live Chat???
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Sounds like a great idea Bob!! John Koenig has a chat room and we meet in there every night at 8:00 and its alot of fun...TM

#132524 - 12/22/01 11:18 PM Re: Live Chat???
R Ridgeway Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Great idea! Anytime Monday or Tuesday later in the evening. I bet your numbness and tingle sensations have been replaced by just plain old inflamation and swelling pain! I much prefer the later and I bet you will too. I see you casting in less than 4 weeks! A bit longer for the oars. R Ridgeway

#132525 - 12/27/01 09:38 PM Re: Live Chat???
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

The live chat is always available for use at this address:

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/livechat.htm

Antime, you'd like to swtich over to use it, just go to the page and enter your name. It's a pretty basic script, but I'd like to judge the interest before I spend some $$$ on a high-end script.

I 'm game to get a regular session going on Mondays for now from 8 to 10. I won't do it this upcoming Monday as I will be out of town, but I'll make some announcements for the first hosted chat on Monday the 7th from 8 to 10 PM.

Perhaps, if we get this rolling, I'll try to invite some guests to sit in as well smile

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Bob ]

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#132526 - 12/28/01 10:55 AM Re: Live Chat???
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Bob, a regular chat time sounds great. I will give it a try. Any way to change my Displayed name to a different moniker?

#132527 - 12/28/01 11:06 AM Re: Live Chat???
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Never mind Bob - took care of it.

#132528 - 12/28/01 09:01 PM Re: Live Chat???
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Sounds interesting. I might just learn something about steelhead.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#132529 - 01/01/02 03:11 AM Re: Live Chat???
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Winnemucca Nv
I like the idaea

I fish therefore I am

#132530 - 01/01/02 10:58 AM Re: Live Chat???
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
bob before you go spending money on script could i suggest a program i use it is called paltalk and you can do voice and text chat, all you have to do is create a personalized room tell everyone where to go and whala it is free and simple to use with file sharing etc..
the addy is www.paltalk.com you could just put a link on your page next to your chat message if you are interested
mike

#132531 - 01/01/02 12:28 PM Re: Live Chat???
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Monday from 8-10 works great. I've used the ifish chat room a couple of times, when Bball was canceled. I feel that I can talk more freely about places to fish.

#132532 - 01/02/02 12:04 AM Re: Live Chat???
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: kent
laugh what about us People who work nights so we can fish days?????? I to would like to chat at those times but can't due to work priorities. confused

#132533 - 01/08/02 11:46 PM Re: Live Chat???
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
So did anyone do the chat thangggg last night??? I just remembered....I know a day late and a dollar short again!!! rolleyes Bob, if this is gonna be a Monday regular avent it might help to remind us with a short post the first few weeks.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#132534 - 01/09/02 02:11 AM Re: Live Chat???
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

I forgot too shocked

Got so caught up in the storm and the river behind the house I totally spaced.

Next Monday, I promise! I'll be adding an announcement in the next day or so to the top of the board in the next day or so.

Sorry!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 807 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |