Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134494 - 01/09/02 11:44 PM actual native guide or any tribal member
philpac33 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: offut lake/lacey
i was wondering if a seasoned native american guide is required to fish on reservations or can i have one of the guys i play basketball with(who happens to be a quinault tribal member but not an angler) accompany me on the river??

#134495 - 01/10/02 03:00 AM Re: actual native guide or any tribal member
River Riches Offline
Alevin

Loc: Steilacoom, Wa
I think you can. I fished at Cook Creek on the Quinault the other day with a guide and there were several other guys there fishing with their "friends" that were Native American. I asked the guide if they were guides with the "white" guys and he said no they were just their friends. He said each person is allowed to have up to two people with them. I would call the Headquarters just to make sure, but as long as you have a registered Quinault with you the entire time I am sure you would be okay. My .02

#134496 - 01/10/02 08:51 AM Re: actual native guide or any tribal member
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
If you have a tribal member with you, you can fish anywere! Before my Brother went to the pokey we floated the river from 101 down all the time. Fish cops would ALWAYS pull us over in the beginning! They would be at the 101 put in before we could get the plugs out! They watch it close. Then they diddent worry about us anymore once we were seen a few times and they new whos strange boat that was. Also fished Cook with him and some relatives and man o man. He gets out in June so it should be a fun Salmon season down there. I wonder how inconspicuous (sp?) a purple and white Willie will be? Im sure I will have to re-aquaint (Bob we need a spell checker!!!) myself.

Any way good luck.

Bob D

#134497 - 01/10/02 11:52 AM Re: actual native guide or any tribal member
Bobber Down Offline
Spawner

Loc: Lake Forest Dark, Wa
I used to fish the inner part of Tulalip Bay for trout & salmon in July/August/September with a tribal member. This area is permanently off limits to non-tribal members unless your accompanied with a tribal member. As long as the person your going with is tribal member of the reservation your fishing on, you should be in the clear. You could always just have your native buddy call the tribe's fisheries office and ask.

BD

"It makes no sense to regulate salmon habitat on land while allowing thousands of yards of gill nets to be stretched across salmon habitat in the water"

John Carlson, Gubernatorial Contender, Sept. 2000 speech at the Ballard Locks

#134498 - 01/10/02 02:27 PM Re: actual native guide or any tribal member
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
Can't take your own boat. They have to be registered by the Tribe

Fishhead5

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#134499 - 01/10/02 03:51 PM Re: actual native guide or any tribal member
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
It mat have changed but 5 years ago if it wasent a guide boat it only had to be owned and rowed by the tribal member! As long as the tribal member has his card your were good to go! Call Allison Boyer and get an update. 1-360-276-8215 ext227

Bob D

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |