Hi, posted this on Ifish. So I'll bring over here to the other side of the tracks. To join the Email group try www.groups.yahoo.com/group/pacNWsalt

http://www.ifish.net/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010117
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is anyone else out there wishing they could fish in the Ocean now? The bend can be your friend out on the Saltchuck.

With some help from all of you I would like to organize some kind of group for fishing in the Ocean this spring and summer. Threemuch described an E-mail tree he used in N. California to me on our last fishon adventure. This was a group of diehard salt water fishers who stayed tuned through E-mail.

What I want to establish is a group of people who meet some or all of the following points ...

1) Love to fish in the Ocean as crew or Captain.
2) Willing to go on short notice as weather permits trips out to sea. Notice can be as short as 24hrs.
3) Have equipment for Deep Sea fishing, boats, tackle, dive gear, crab or shrimp pots ....
4) Safety conscious and willing to work with other boats as a group.
5) Experienced fishers willing to teach and mentor newbies.
6) Newbies willing to learn.
7) Above all must be flexible and adaptable. The Ocean is in charge here on this coast.

So if we could establish such a group all would benefit. Guys with boats could find experienced crew to fish and help with expenses and handling the boat and gear. Guys willing to crew could get out on the big days (Halibut, Tuna, Salmon) even without their own boat.

Above all we could all learn to be safe and successful on the Ocean. This group could gather in wolfpacks and pillage offshore reefs, crab, shrimp, Salmon. There is some safety in numbers after all. Also consider the knowledge about reef locations, gear, boat setup and maintenance that could be shared.

Just think, a Saltwater Parish for the church of the bent rod.

Can I get an Amen?

--------------------
The bend is your friend!