Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142480 - 02/25/02 10:00 PM Slip knot on Power Pro Line
tommo41 Offline
Fry

Loc: yakima, wa usa
It's probably been talked about before, but I just bought 30# Power Pro line.

Can I use a bobber slip knot on the line for adjusting bobber depth?

Which bobber stop knot should I use for this stuff?

And, which knot is best for attaching reel filling mono to the Power Pro?

Thanks,

cool

#142481 - 02/25/02 11:45 PM Re: Slip knot on Power Pro Line
outliketrout Offline
Parr

Loc: Monroe, WA
works great, just like on mono

#142482 - 02/26/02 12:56 AM Re: Slip knot on Power Pro Line
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
As to bobber stops, I can't help you, as I generally fish an adjustable dink float...

...as to the knot from power pro to your backing, use the one they illustrate in the powerpro pamphlet that comes with the line--it's basically a double nail knot. A word of advice, though--rather than use mono as your backing, use braided dacron (the stuff flyfishers use). It's much stronger, has zero memory, and ties a flatter knot.

...and lookout for those hot fish in close quarters!

#142483 - 02/26/02 01:51 PM Re: Slip knot on Power Pro Line
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tommo41:
It's probably been talked about before, but I just bought 30# Power Pro line.

Can I use a bobber slip knot on the line for adjusting bobber depth?

cool
I used the pre-tied ones on Fireline and they stick where put very well, better than on mono.

Moving it about does produce some wear on the line though, and although I never broke it, it looked to be frayed some. Make sure you replace or move it up regularly and cut your line back to good stuff.

#142484 - 02/26/02 03:37 PM Re: Slip knot on Power Pro Line
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Tie up some nail knots and slip them over a small dia. straw or tube. I use the tube that comes with the WD-40 can. Feed your main line into the tube and then slide off the nail knot onto the Power-pro, slide on a bead if you wish and then a bobber, another bead then tie to a swivel. I usually use a palmer knot at the swivel. You will have to replace the bobber from time to time due to the Power-pro cutting into it, when you do, slide the nail knot up the line cut off some of the Power-pro below the knot and repeat from step 2.

#142485 - 02/26/02 03:45 PM Re: Slip knot on Power Pro Line
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
I would suggest buying a Tie Master for 4.99, then you can make your own bobber stops and you have a great tool for tying knots with power pro. I've used the stuff for the last two seasons and the only problem I've had was the knots. The tie Master has made it much better.

#142486 - 02/26/02 10:49 PM Re: Slip knot on Power Pro Line
Coot Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kelowna British Columbia
Commercial bobber stops are available but I have found that the cheapest and best are the ones cut from fine 1/16"ID rubber tube.
To make a stop cut a short 1/8" long loop of tube .Run your line through the center hole lead the line outside the rubber band and pass it through again. Pull the line tight and a small rubber stop forms on the line which can be easily slid up and down but will hold a bobber in place. Install one stop above the bobber and one below.
If you select a small diameter rubber tube the stops will pass through the gate of your levelwind and can be cast without disrupting the cast. This allows you to put on a stop for a sliding float for fishing deep pools.
I HAVE FOUND THAT ALL THE knots recommended by powerpro work very well for the uses recommended. The knot joining pro to mono I have found useful is the Albright with a lock . I find it handy to tie on a short 10 'length of mono on which floats are set and swivels sre tied on. I use mono of about 4 pounds lighter rating than the power pro.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 378 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |