THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149059 - 04/12/02 09:38 PM Ruben...say it ain't so!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
I thought Cameron would do the honors in the bottom of the first but man that shot by Ruben was prime time! cool
I have never been a big Ruben Sierra fan but that Salami in the first was enough to get me thinking...hayride! laugh

This is our go around pinstripers! So back off! mad

FJ...out.

#149060 - 04/12/02 11:30 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
I have always disliked Rueben and his showoff antics and I sure as Hell b*tched when I heard they signed him...

Thank God they did!!! smile

#149061 - 04/13/02 11:15 AM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by RPetzold:
I have always disliked Rueben and his showoff antics and I sure as Hell b*tched when I heard they signed him...

Thank God they did!!! smile
I'm with you guys. The guy's homerun trot used to make me wanna .....be ill. Suddenly now it doesn't look so bad.

I'd KILL to see Griffey yuckin' it up in the dugout about it now like he did in the playoffs with the M's vs. the Yanks. Doubtful we'll be playing the Reds in the World Series any time soon, though. laugh laugh

#149062 - 04/13/02 02:26 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
With edgar out with a ruptured hamstring (that just sounds painful) the M's have to trade for a BIG bat...any ideas who it might be? You heard it here first....Pudge Rodriguez

#149063 - 04/13/02 02:28 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
I will put up with that home run trot if it helps win. It seems his time overseas changed his attitude some.

How about this rumor - Griffey wants to come home....

#149064 - 04/13/02 03:37 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by Stadle:
(snip)

How about this rumor - Griffey wants to come home....
Funny, that's why he said he left! rolleyes

My opinion? He can take what he WANTS and stick it where it's really shady. I'm sick and tired of these friggin' prima donnas making $10M/yr., complaining about people not understanding them, how sensitive they are, about wanting to play closer to their family, etc., then changing their story when things don't work out. I actually wonder if there's even any truth to the rumor, anyway.

I wonder how long it'll be before Alex starts whining? Especially if Texas trades Pudge to the Mariners....!!! (I don't buy that one myself, but I wouldn't complain if he still can stay healthy and keep producing.

#149065 - 04/13/02 04:38 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton
On Jay Day Finny(sports writer) said that Jr. told Bone that he made a mistake and wanted to return to Seattle. A couple days later I heard it spoke on Sports Center.

I was unhappy when he left and now I'd be really ticked he he came back. It looks like Ruben is going to take Gar's spot for now and the bought the contract of a young kid with promise from Tacoma.

#149066 - 04/14/02 12:07 AM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Does anyone out there understand who Pudge Rodriguez is? Any idea that he is a catcher? I believe we already have two decent catchers playing on our team. Why add a third. If the Mariners are going to add a player it will be an additional infielder. Not an outfielder and not Ken Griffey. For those of you who do not like Rueben Sierra have not been watching since he first started playing for the rangers. I am not a rangers fan, but he's like "GP" if you can walk the walk and talk the talk then you do. For those that don't understand this just don't.

#149067 - 04/14/02 01:55 AM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Yep, he is a catcher, and yep, we have 2 excellent catchers, but neither of them hit for power or are consistant RBI guys. It would make sense to trade one of our catchers and a couple of pitching prospects to Texas (who desperately needs pitching) for Rodriguez who is in the last year of his contract anyways. If Texas is out of it come July, he will probably get traded anyways. It would be smart for Seattle to make a move on him now...He fits perfectly

#149068 - 04/14/02 04:33 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Pudge is arguably the best catcher in baseball, the American League for sure. His bat is amazing and he's the only catcher I've seen throw Ichiro out at second. I've even seen him pick people off at first for leading too far.

#149069 - 04/14/02 06:48 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Ruben 5-5 eek Player of the week?

Some great ball being played and just the beginning!

FJ...out.

#149070 - 04/14/02 07:28 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
if the mariners got pudge that would be a gold glove at 1,2,3,catcher,centerfield,rightfield,and mclemore aint to shabby at left field. they got a good team. ben

#149071 - 04/14/02 07:36 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Maguana, "It looks like Ruben is going to take Gar's spot for now and the bought the contract of a young kid with promise from Tacoma."

ouch!!!This young prospect had a rough start in the "bigs" today. Lets hope it is up hill from now on.

What a game today. Fun to win this kind of game. And Lou made it through without gettin' booted.

fp

#149072 - 04/17/02 01:12 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton
"Ya gotta love those guys!"

#149073 - 04/17/02 02:26 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I'd take Pudge in a heartbeat. He's the best catcher in baseball by far, he throws out over 50% of base stealers,thats unheard of. 10 straight gold gloves, and unless he gets hurt nobody will win one until he retires. Piazza has a great bat but thats it,he couldn't throw me out laugh . Pudge has off. numbers as good as any catcher in baseball. Yea, lets keep Wilson and Davis, Wilson's numbers have gone down for 5-6 yrs,and Davis hardly gets to play.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#149074 - 04/17/02 02:51 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Let's see....

Wilson .389, no homers
Davis .278, no homers
Pudge .222, no homers, back spasms, missed over 120 games over the last two seasons. I won't even look at what he makes compared to those two guys.

No thanks. Yes, it's early, but the guy's gotta be playing to be worth a hoot. You trade Wilson for Pudge and you sell out a popular vet. Not a good move for the clubhouse kharma. You trade Davis for Pudge and you trade youth for someone on the down side of his career. You might as well trade for Steve Yeager. wink

#149075 - 04/17/02 03:49 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
Right on Skywalker, you beat me to it. But wasn't Steve Yeager an astronaut?? wink j/k...Worse...he was a Dodger!

Karma, chemistry, call it whatever...it is a very real phenomena, especially with the M's. But what I truly believe it comes down to is the trickiest blend of all - ownership & management. The Mariners have the best of both right now, from Yamauchi (sp?) all the way down to the rookie league, and ultimately that is what makes things work. Yeah, the players play the game, but as with any successful business, it starts at the top.

#149076 - 04/17/02 05:28 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
12-3................so what's broken?

And why again are we trying to fix it?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#149077 - 04/17/02 07:28 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
By years end Pudge will have 30+ Hr, 100+ RBI,and another gold glove. We'll have Wilson with 5 HR, 50 RBI and a .240 AVG. Davis probably won't see 25 games. The M's haven't had any production at catcher in yrs, I don't mind the Davis trade but he has to play to make the trade worth it. I like Wilson as much as anybody, but he needs to break out of his 5yr slump. frown

P.S. Didn't Pudge miss all those games 2 yrs back,because of a foul tip breaking his hand?
How can you control that?

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#149078 - 04/17/02 07:53 PM Re: Ruben...say it ain't so!
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
And Texas will finish about 50 games behind Seattle... :p

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 524 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |