LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150993 - 05/03/02 08:53 PM Bucks Bags ( Bronco) pontoon boat????
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW 8' BRONCO AND I WAS CURIOUS FROM THE WELL SEASONED PONTOONERS OUT THERE, WHAT TYPE OF OPTIONS ARE A MUST? ROD HOLDER? WHAT SIZE LEAD ANCHOR DO YOU GUYS YOU MOSTLTY? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GLADLY APPRECIATED!

- Albert Einstein.

#150994 - 05/04/02 12:17 AM Re: Bucks Bags ( Bronco) pontoon boat????
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
I've got a Southfork, which is very similar. I use a 10lb pyramid anchor. I don't anchor in any current but it has held me steady on lakes in stiff wind. With the anchor system a ten pounder should hold you in slow currents. I've got two Scotty rod holders. They're designed for flyrods which is fine, but to use a bait rod I put a Fish-On rod holder into the Scotty base.

#150995 - 05/04/02 02:38 AM Re: Bucks Bags ( Bronco) pontoon boat????
Wayne Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Roy, WA
I've had my 9' FishCat for a almost two years. A 10 lb lead pyramid works for me floating 'nooch. I use one of those float tube rod holders attached to my right side pontoon. I modified it so that it'll take either fly rod or spinning by cutting off a small section of the plastic on top.
Hope this helps.
Wayne

#150996 - 05/05/02 02:02 PM Re: Bucks Bags ( Bronco) pontoon boat????
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
Really depends on where you plan to fish. With these type of boats, I'd say to pull off and fish from bank. Can't stand up and fish, and you nail a slab and hold on for a ride (biggest I ever caught on a "pontoon boat" was a 50# king. Thought I was on a waterski. SHEESH. 10 to 15 sounds right if you really want to anchor.

Now, for rod holders. Use whatever style you want, fishon, scotty and the likes. But DON'T buy the one that straps around your tube. Why waste the money on something that can hang up? Plus, they're an eyesore. Cabela's has an aluminum rod holder that clamps onto your frame. Nice thing is, it will hold all different types of rod holders on the mount. I have fishon rodholders mounted to the clamp. Only about $13, and you can pull it up and remount it anywhere there's frame exposed.

Northwest River Fisherman

#150997 - 05/05/02 02:14 PM Re: Bucks Bags ( Bronco) pontoon boat????
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
I'm one big, fat Mofo. So I have to use a 15 LB anchor and I haven't even tried to anchor in really fast current yet..... Probably need a 20 LB for that. As far as rod holders go, I haven't found one that I really like yet.... I'll tell ya what I did.... I just took a piece of 2" PVC pipe about 10" long and hose clamped it to my frame..... Problem solved. You were asking about what is necessary and what isn't and all I can tell you about that is "Lighter is better" just like with backpacking.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 918 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |