Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#154847 - 07/10/02 10:28 AM Sekiu 2000 King Quota met, Close 7/12, 12:01am
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
Just called the Emergency Reg Hotline, looks like Thursday is the last day of King fishing out at Sekiu.

Please call and verify this info, but that was my take from the message, Emergency Reg Hotline: 360-902-2500.

One interesting thing, this message was update on 7/8, the same day area 5 opened for retention of Kings. That's pretty cool to know that the WDFW knew on the same day it opened that the quota would be met 4 days later. rolleyes

I was hoping to sneak over there this weekend, as well as a few others from this board were, I'm guessing. frown

I guess I'm headed to Elliott Bay or the San Juans....

Bummer,
Kev

#154848 - 07/10/02 01:59 PM Re: Sekiu 2000 King Quota met, Close 7/12, 12:01am
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Blyn, WA
That's sure what it sounds like to me...

-N.

#154849 - 07/10/02 04:45 PM Re: Sekiu 2000 King Quota met, Close 7/12, 12:01am
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue

#154850 - 07/10/02 09:56 PM Re: Sekiu 2000 King Quota met, Close 7/12, 12:01am
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
When I first saw your post I thought, "This a-hole must be yanking my chain!" mad

I called the fish management department and found out the straight scoop, even got a call back from the guy who manages the ocean fisheries. (So sorry, Kev, for my negative thoughts. You were right on the money and quite timely with your report.)

It seems the reason behind the Monday opener is that the folks in Clallam Bay and Sekiu get more tourist dollars if they get a weekday opener than if they have a weekend opener. Darn it, all of you retired bassturds and folks who had vacation time to burn!!! wink wink wink I envy the fact you had a chance at this fishery, and I can't begrudge the folks up there, they need to make the most out of their tourist opportunities.

The fellow I talked with said that like last year, they may have an additional opener, not sure when, to make up the balance of the quota, if any is left after the finall tally of tomorrow's fish.

Okay, now I gotta learn Neah Bay.

Andy

Sorry for my earlier emotional outburst. I rethought it and edited my post. Dang, I really wanted to go fishing at Sekiu.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#154851 - 07/11/02 12:32 PM Re: Sekiu 2000 King Quota met, Close 7/12, 12:01am
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
No sweat Dogfish, I was feeling the same way when I found out, I couldn't believe it. I've been fishing out there several times a year, every year since '90. When there's a King opener/season, you drop everything (if possible) and get out there. I had just cleared the trip with the wife, was planning on camping out in the truck and, if need be, fish by myself for some of those big Kings.
I may flip some crap here and there to have some fun, but that's one thing I don't joke around about, a short season closer. It's like talkin' about a no-hitter in the 9th.
Well, if they do open it up, let us know, maybe we can rally a few folks to head out there and get a piece of that King pie.
On a good note, the Silver Season should be excellent this fall, B. Gray and I are heading out to Sekiu in September (maybe a couple of times). The Kokanee Pro staff plans on putting a hurt on, we might do some fishing too! wink

We'll be out on Elliott Bay tomorrow morning for the opener and then I'm fishing saturday up in the San Juans.

We're all sick, sick people...it's great!

Kev

#154852 - 07/11/02 02:55 PM Re: Sekiu 2000 King Quota met, Close 7/12, 12:01am
Chip Goodhue Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap County
I am in the same position, and will now be going either to Westport (Sat halibut, sunday Kings), or La Push. Anyone ever try LaPush, is there a ramp there, any constraints (bar conditions, tides) of getting out?

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 878 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |