Had about three hours this evening to kill. So a buddy and I launched at 6:15pm in Home and headed to the Fox Island sand spit for a little evening fishing to see if we could intercept a few early Minter Creek fish. Got there and the flood was screaming between the spit and Green Pt. Fished the large eddy southeast of the spit and saw only a few bait balls with some fish working them. No fish in the mid levels either. Headed across the current towards the Green Point spit following the 100' contour and had a couple of really smackin hits down between 65' - 85'. Brought the flasher a spoon (Army Truck Sonic Edge) back up to recharge the glo and add a little stink to them. Decided to drop down to the bottom and see if I could smack a Blackmouth. Had a super slammer on for a few minutes... get this, I must have snagged him because a large scale lodged itself onto the hook (really large- about 3/4 the size of a dime. Any guessing on how big that fish was?). Nonetheless, dropped back down and hit a nice 9# BM for the BBQ tomorrow night. Buddy lost one nice fish maybe pushing 13-14# on a half and half glo green Sonic Edge spoon. Great night to be on the pond. Sure beats yard work!

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter