THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161590 - 10/05/02 07:36 PM How about some reports?!?
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
I have not seen many reports of people having any luck catching fish. Come on everyone, lets get some reports going on. Or is everyone done Coho fishing and waiting for the Chum run? laugh

#161591 - 10/05/02 09:18 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
Start us off Busy...where have you been recently?

#161592 - 10/05/02 09:23 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
Busy Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellevue
Craven - Home sick early in the week with the crud frown then working Tues through today till late. mad

Have not been out yet this week. Just wanting to know if I should be spending some time in the salt or the rivers.

Was out last week and my buddy caught 2 silvers out of Shilshole.

How about you.....

P.S. most of the stuff recently on this board seems to be about something other than how the fishing was or what was caught. I like to keep up on the news and vent just like the rest of those on the board but wanted to see some reports of what has been done recently. With the slight weather change how have people been doing etc.

#161593 - 10/05/02 09:41 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
the14fishing@msn.com Offline
Alevin

I went down to the carbon river Sat. got down there about 5:00 AM there was ten guys on the mouth of voights creek and up in the creek snagging fish they had 23 silvers on the bank I got so disgusted I went down river fished for an hour watched up river at the snagfest were is a game warden when you need one there is fish in the carbon if you dare to fish with A few assholes that have to spoil it for the rest of real fishermen !!!

#161594 - 10/05/02 09:48 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
Divers Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Fished the green today below the Headworks.
Saw a lot of boots and one chromer.
The smolts took all my eggs, and no one else was up there so it was peaceful.
No fish but nice to find solitude.

#161595 - 10/05/02 10:24 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
I cleaned my gutters today. Got up on the roof about 8:00 AM.... I was the first one there. The Gutters were a little bit off color today, the recent rain had them running a touch on the brown side. Things were pretty uneventfull for the first hour or so, then, just when I was about to pick up and move, it happened! I was over by the downspout that comes off of the garage when all of a sudden I thought I felt something , I pulled my hand out and discovered that I had just landed a really nice superball my kids had thrown on the roof earlier this year..... Anyhow, that was the only thing I caught today, but it was ok. Over the years I've come to realize that its not just about quantity, its about the Quality of time spent doing what you love. I had solitude, I had quiet, and when I got that superball today, even though nobody was there to witness it, it was still very rewarding, because I did it ETHICALLY..... Sure, I could have used a pressure washer and gotten EVERYTHING, but it wouldn't have been sporting..... This way, it was just me against the superball, man versus rubber...... OOPS, I gotta go, my drink is empty!

#161596 - 10/05/02 10:36 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
Tahoe Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seattle
Hit a local zipper today and hit 2 in twenty. Only wish I could have been there longer!
@ Sky!!!

#161597 - 10/06/02 01:10 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Did the super ball go bouncing off to be found another day?

#161598 - 10/06/02 01:20 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Busy,
I thought you were going to the floatilla??? There will still be folks down there tomorrow, I couldn't stay tonight as I'mm like LZZ lot's of honey do's tomorrow. As for the fishing it's been good for us the last 2 days. Yesterday I picked up a 8 lb silver hen and a 16.5 lb king buck, my friend Grant landed a 32.5 lb king buck also!!! eek eek Was just a pig!!! Also 8 silver jacks to fill up the box. Today I hit a 12 lb king buck and Ospreys Son Brian hit a 15 lb king buck, add 3 lost fish and 5 jacks so it was another good day. Other boats had at least 1 fish to include Wiser! and Fishdoc. Don't know how the others did, they were downriver from us and I did not see them. Great day on the river!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

#161599 - 10/06/02 09:47 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
LZZ.....you kill me....with all that solitude, just be glad you didn't slip off that ladder.

#161600 - 10/06/02 10:04 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
Snohomish, two strikes, both came unpinned. Fishing overall was slow from dawn till noon. Plenty of fish in the river.

Lots of boats, several folks at the ramp that were in bad need of a clue as to how to load their boats. "Lessee, there's only one lane open, there's no dock space because the tide is out, everyone but me is dropping someone off and then idling out in the river until their trailer is ready. Why don't I just park my 20 footer in the space where everyone needs to load and then get PO'd when people ask me to move it around the end so they can load? "

Sheesh... That'll be the last time I try to use Langus park at low tide.

#161601 - 10/06/02 11:08 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
mudslinger Offline
Smolt

Loc: GOLD BAR,WA
i fished the sky sat. and today from 4:00 until 7:30pm,i threw everything i had at them but no biters frown i hooked into a big king tonight i ended up losing a vibrax to that one it must have went at least 25lbs.i haven't caught a fish in a week now.later Bruce

#161602 - 10/06/02 11:25 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I'll never tell. Yes, those are two kings. One 16.5 and 5 lbs.

Just kidding! These two are only two of four we caught. The other two were 12 and 10 lbs (don't have pix, yet).

#161603 - 10/07/02 12:27 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
charr Offline
Spawner

Loc: Yuppie Ville
Fished Ship Wreck today and caught 2 nice 8# Blackmouth the first 30 minutes. Actually had the first one in the net before I realized that it wasn't a Silver. ( it was still dark out) Never had another take the rest of the day. At least the day wasn't a total loss. It's just my opinion but, I think the Silver show is done with in the salt. But I could be wrong.

#161604 - 10/07/02 01:55 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
thisbuds4u Offline
Parr

Fished out between the green can and shipwreck on friday night from about 530 till dark. got 2 nice bucks, both a little over 10lbs out in about 700 feet of water. also watched a huge sealion proceed to eat 3 fish within a half hour. i saw the birds about 30 minutes before dark so up came the riggers and off went. when we got up to them we discovered there was no bait ball. the 45 birds were all fighting over the scaps from the silvers the sealion was thrashing around in the water, we were only about 10 feet away for a few minutes, it was a cool sight. we fished around him for the last 20minutes of daylight and thats when got the 2 fish, one mooching and the other on a white dart. im convinced it was luck, if we didnt find that school there would be no fish in the freezer. i think its about over out there folks.

#161605 - 10/07/02 02:10 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
Anonymous
Unregistered

LZZ you kill me...lol dude! :p wink laugh Hey theres fish every where dudes...just hit the river and the salt....Remember "Flossing is Bad!" wink unless its done in your own home wink eek !

#161606 - 10/07/02 03:27 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: kent
Went to North Hood cannal this weekend. Saw them but could not get them to hit anything. Sunday I went to the lower puyallup and Knew I was doomed when the dog fish hit the coho killer on the troll. mad

#161607 - 10/07/02 11:13 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
Beezer Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe WA
LZZ care to give-up any recipes for superball harvests? Do they smoke out very good? Or is canning the way to go to soften them up a little? I hear you better be sober when filleting them, is that true? Lost any fingers? Any sushi recipes? Are all superballs male? This is supposed to be an info thread, we need more data!

Beezer

#161608 - 10/07/02 11:38 AM Re: How about some reports?!?
Asteiger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Los Angeles
Snohomish yesterday, had alot of bites but none of em would stick still alot of lockjaw fish. Lots of fish jumpin everywhere and lots of boats as well.

Skeets

#161609 - 10/07/02 12:17 PM Re: How about some reports?!?
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
hit the upper puyallup, saw lots of fish, but no hits, its jus still to murky to be consistent..hit the green for a hour last night, nuthing, the netters need to give us a break..got a stealhead out of the green a few days ago, only fish to the bank in awhile..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Grandpa's Fishin Buddy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 295 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |