LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169594 - 12/20/02 01:37 PM Where is "High Bridge" on the Sky?
Chum Eater Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Redmond, WA
Is it the launch right by the bridge by the road to Reiter Ponds? How is the float from there down? Advanced, Intermidiate or Beginner

#169595 - 12/20/02 01:50 PM Re: Where is "High Bridge" on the Sky?
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
High bridge is where everyone gets loaded! Right off of highway 2 right past reiter road! Sometimes it can be tricky in spots for those who don't fish it often. Its a long float so don't spend too much time at any one spot. Lots of water so just keep your gear in the water and you may run into a fish or two. Just like any river don't be stupid! laugh laugh laugh Its hit or miss normally. And like the post "A blustery day" the wind can make for a horrible day of rowing downstream ALL DAY just to get to Sultan, it can make fishing down right impossible!!!

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#169596 - 12/20/02 05:06 PM Re: Where is "High Bridge" on the Sky?
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
This is what GutZ and Beezer told me when I did the float last year. Haven't done it lately, but their assessment was accurate when I did it. Bit windy when I went also.

Easy Drift taking 6 to 8 hours, if fishing. Could probably blow through in 2 hours. Many washed bars, but at 5000cfs you may not even hit bottom. Stay to the left on first corner leaving bridge. There is one spot that as you look down the river it appears you could go staight but turns into a huge bar with many channels cut through. You will get stuck if you go that way. Lot's of Eagles.
Good Luck.
GutZ

Fairly easy drift, you'd have to be really careless to get into trouble. After you launch and go under the railroad bridge you can safely ride the "v" in the first fast water, no rocks, just orient yourself so you can dig to the right side as soon as you can cuz there is a second riffle that is actually a flat rock on the left. This will put you into a picture perfect deep hole that has a very attractive tail-out. When your through having your way with this spot exit the hole on the left side cuz the right is a bolder garden. After that it's all common sense.
Beezer

#169597 - 12/20/02 06:05 PM Re: Where is "High Bridge" on the Sky?
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
The High Bridge drift is a gourgeous, long drift that has a high pucker factor at the get go if you've not run it before. Not that I would consider it "advanced" but it has some tricky spots, especially at the beginning. Rather than rate it's difficulty, I would say that for the first time down, it is important to know your boat and be riding high enough find your way down and through the boulder garden and the later side channels. There is plenty of opportunity to pick slots before committing though. The directions given in this thread are good. Take it easy to start or follow someone down for the first time if you're new on the oars. First time I went down it I had two large dudes with me and enough gear for the Lewis & Clark expedition. Last time I'll ever do that. Thought I would never get out of the Big Eddy. Having said that, it is one of the funnest, longest and most scenic drifts on the west side, even if it hasn't been all that productive, for me that is. Still doesn't keep me from going back though. Enjoy.
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#169598 - 12/20/02 07:35 PM Re: Where is "High Bridge" on the Sky?
Chum Eater Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Redmond, WA
Thanks for the advice! Sounds like a great drift just make sure you start early!

Chumerus Eaterus

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer, stonefish), 1446 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |