Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136736 - 01/22/02 10:10 PM Anyone drift the cowlitz
Wernergonefishin Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Chehalis Wa
Hoping to have a driftboat soon and since I live minutes away from the river hope to drift often. Was wonder what the best drift would be and what tackle was the most productive. Has anyone ever run Bait and diver and how did you do. Also is pink worms any good on the cowlitz?I fish it alot but mostly just eggs from the bank and do well hoping to learn different styles let me know may have open seat some time. Thanks ahead of time. Larry rolleyes

#136737 - 01/22/02 11:48 PM Re: Anyone drift the cowlitz
Mooch Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kingston, WA
Congrats on getting a new drift boat. May you enjoy many years of safe drifting. The Cowlitz is a great river to learn on. Good fishing and easy water for the most part. You're going to hear that Blue Cr down to Marys is best right now, but the entire river holds fish at various times of the year and this is one river worth exploring it's entire length. In no time you'll have the advantage by living close and knowing the entire stretch. Each section has its own appeal and secret to unlock. I like Barrier to Blue Cr myself. As to fishing methods, this is one river that lends itself well to all types. Fish the conditions as you see fit. Go with what you know and try something different when that doesn't work. The biggest adjustment you'll want to make on this river is getting used to the sleds. Best advice for drift boats on this river is don't compete for the same water. Stay out of their way, don't try to do what they do unless you want to anchor up with them, fish the softer water and you'll be a lot less exhausted, less frustrated and more successfull all around. Enjoy and happy drifting.
Matt. 8:27   The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

#136738 - 01/23/02 01:16 AM Re: Anyone drift the cowlitz
FishinFinatic Offline
Fry

Loc: West Linn Oregon
Drift boat fishing is very enjoyable. One of the posts mentioned sleds. I would like them to limits these boats on the smaller rivers. I don't have anything against them. I fish out of one myself occasionaly. But my perfered method on these smaller rivers is the drift boat. less impact on the fish and tends not to make as much noise and make for a more enjoyable float.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |