LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137343 - 01/25/02 05:34 PM Tie Master..
Sniggler Offline
Smolt

Loc: Olympia, WA
Just got my Tie Master in the mail today. and all I can say is DAMN!! this thing ties some seriously strong knots... first time I have seen 30# Power Pro break away from the knot.. right in the middle of the piece I was pulling on...

Worth every penny of the $5.95... :p

#137344 - 01/26/02 12:21 AM Re: Tie Master..
slippedona%%^^rock Offline
Fry

Loc: on a secret river that nobody...
Been sitting here all evening playing around with mine. sure makes some great knots. i got mine at the show for $5.00=tax, auburn sports has them at the checkout counter, got to ask for them.

#137345 - 01/28/02 02:00 PM Re: Tie Master..
ritefish Offline
Fry

Loc: PNW
This is one tool every fisherman should have. I have been using one for a couple of months now and have had excellent results from it. I am using power pro on 2 rods and this tool ties strong knots very quickly.

Check them out, you'll wonder why you waited so long to have one!!

#137346 - 01/28/02 03:07 PM Re: Tie Master..
Ironheader Offline
Alevin

Loc: Vancouver
I thought I saw that you could get them online here somewhere for 4.99?

Can't find the link.

#137347 - 01/28/02 06:31 PM Re: Tie Master..
JimB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Chehalis
Hey Sniggler,
Was that you I met at the Tie Master demonstration table?? Sure had fun meeting a bunch of you folks and meeting tons of new people. Also had the opportunity to test the Tie Master knot against just about every knot there is for braided line...I can tell you that as far as I know there is no better knot. This was tested against the Rivers Inlet knot, The Kenai knot, the Bimini Twist knot...all plus more were tested with 20# test Power Pro at the Berkeley knot testing maching with guides that use these knots everyday. The results were that all of these knots failed somewhere at or below the rated strength. Tie master consistantly had the line break somewhere in the low thirties. Yep, thats right the 20# line broke in the low thirties...the knot did not fail. Anyway...great meeting some of you...see you on the rivers!

Jim

www.tie-master.com

#137348 - 01/28/02 06:56 PM Re: Tie Master..
Ironheader Offline
Alevin

Found the link, looks like you can save a buck by using this link.

Tie Master

JimB were you demostrating the Tie Master at the show? I ordered a couple from my posted link today.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Ironheader ]

#137349 - 01/28/02 07:46 PM Re: Tie Master..
Sniggler Offline
Smolt

Loc: Olympia, WA
JimB, If you were the one sitting by the Auburn Sporting Goods, Power Pro Display demonstrating the Tie Master at about 4pm on Saturday the 26th.. yeah it mighta been me.. smile I was the on3 looking for the Hi-Viz 30 and 50#.... you said the guy that invented the Knot was a friend of your's.. smile

#137350 - 01/28/02 07:55 PM Re: Tie Master..
HSL Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: seattle
Does it tie superior knots for mono too, or is it primarily a tool for braided lines?

#137351 - 01/28/02 09:07 PM Re: Tie Master..
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
It works great for mono.

#137352 - 01/28/02 10:18 PM Re: Tie Master..
JimB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Snig, yep that was me...I was the only one doing the demonstrations, I am on Pro Staff for Power Pro and yes I have been friends with the inventor of the Tie Master for many years. His name is Joe Little.

As for the mono knot. Again, wednesday evening when nobody was around except us vendors I went to the Berkeley knot tester. I only used their Trilene Big Game 10#...the classic clinch knot failed between 7 and 10 pounds. The Tie Master mono knot which is only a two wrap knot had the line breaking at 12.5...the knot did not fail. So yes...it is a great and simple knot to tie with the tool. Take knot failure completely out of the question!

Jim

#137353 - 01/28/02 10:56 PM Re: Tie Master..
Skywalker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by JimB:
Take knot failure completely out of the question!

Jim

Great, one more excuse down the tubes. wink

#137354 - 01/29/02 12:51 AM Re: Tie Master..
papafsh Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA.
Can't say for sure because I have not used the item in question myself, but I would bet that a good old doubled-up improved clinch knot would be just as strong if not stronger? any of you guys who have used the tie master ever tested it against that knot? just curious confused

#137355 - 01/29/02 01:17 AM Re: Tie Master..
RiverMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: oregon
I've never tried this device for tying knots although it does sound as if many others are impressed. I will add, however, that I have done a considerable amount of line testing on my own and only on occassion does the line break at the knot. Also, I cannot personally remember losing a fish in many, many, years as a result of a poor knot on my part. I did have a steelhead break the line this year (fireline) but it was at the reel, not at the knot. Hey, send me five bucks and I will tell you what knots I'm using, cough, cough. :--D

RM

#137356 - 01/29/02 02:31 PM Re: Tie Master..
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
JimB, thanks for the tiemaster link - I got on there and ordered one up in about 15 seconds using PayPal. This is what I really like about this site - good fishermen making it better for each other laugh

I tie a knot with mono about as well as anyone, but my Power Pro knotting has not been as successful, even with the recommended knots that come in the Power Pro instructions. I really like the stuff for downrigger fishing - hardly any drag lets you pick up the bite much easier, and I like it for motor mooching as I can drop an ounce or two due to small diameter. And I have never had a fish break me off (hell, I even played out a Columbia seal on it!). But I hung my gear up a couple times this year and lost the whole thing (fishflash, diver, swivels, hooks, aka a $20 bill!) from the 30 pound Power Pro letting go at the knot before my 20 lb XT leader did. So if this thing will give me a 20+ pound knot for 5 bucks then it is money more than well spent. Looking forward to trying it and thanks again guys smile

#137357 - 01/29/02 04:34 PM Re: Tie Master..
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
What happen to all thoses who were complaining about using that dam BASS line anyways. Tie master is the ****. I have been using mine for months now and bought around of them for all my fishing partners for x-mas.They have also been happy w/ it. And don't forget bobber stops! The tool is alomst as good as the fisherman who invented it.
Bill

#137358 - 01/29/02 05:00 PM Re: Tie Master..
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
I don't understand how to tie this knot. Found an old looking thing similiar to this tie-mater in my grandfather's tackle box. Who knows, it could be new for all I know. Are there any instructions? I can't find them anywhere.

Matt

#137359 - 01/29/02 11:23 PM Re: Tie Master..
Fish Aholic Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Tacoma
I also have a older model Tie Master that i baught years ago at the Sportsman Show that was in the Key Arena. I need directions on how to use this thing bad, mine is the old metal one. Help?

#137360 - 01/30/02 01:15 AM Re: Tie Master..
JimB Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Fishslayer...what a great compliment...I know that Joe lurks here so I am sure he will read that and he will appreciate it!

As for the following two posts...check your emails guys!

Jim

#137361 - 01/30/02 07:56 AM Re: Tie Master..
Bruce Pearson Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn, WA USA
Wow, I was wondering where the orders were coming from. Then I found this thread, thanks for the orders guys. All orders made up to 3:00 pm yesterday have been shipped, so you should be getting them soon.

One question that has been coming up a lot is about the Tie Master Fly System and what exactly is the difference between the All Tackle and the Fly System, except for the color they look the same. I'll be talking to Joe Little today and I'll get the correct answer for those of you who have asked.

As for instructions, the kits come with very good instructions, but beyond that I don't believe they are online anywhere. I'm not sure that the instructions can be posted online without violating the Tie Master copyrights, but I'll find out and if so then I'll get them online for you. Click on the link below to get yours for $4.99.

Tight Lines.
Tie Master

#137362 - 01/30/02 02:20 PM Re: Tie Master..
Ironheader Offline
Alevin

Whats this all about? I seen a post on another website and had to check it out.

I assume that JimB posting here is Jim Bain.

Tie Master Link

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (20 Gage, steely slammer, wolverine), 1517 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |