LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138783 - 02/02/02 12:37 AM Recent Anglers Board.
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
What's your opinion on this function?
Do you like to see who's on board and what their eyeballing?
Are you feeling like a computer lurking fishing junky and wondering if those other guys (you know who you are and so do we) are feeling the same way?

Personally, I think The Really Big One has made this feature a positive addition. I also like RT's thoughts on moniker-password protected log in to chat.

FJ...out.

#138784 - 02/02/02 12:44 AM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
Anonymous
Unregistered

FJ gotta agree with you ....last nite was crazed with all the loiking.....I thought you had to be a registered member to chat.....last nite it felt like the board had gone to 5000 members.

gooose laugh eek

#138785 - 02/02/02 04:30 AM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

i don't get to chat with ya all cuz i am usually sleepin around that time (I work graveyard shifts)
but is there a moderator if so they should be able to boot people who are abusing the site.
and hey if all is going well then the more the merrier.
Like I said though never able to use it so if i'm just ramblin then I apologize.

#138786 - 02/02/02 10:41 AM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
"COMPUTER LURKING FISH JUNKIE" I like that!I think? That is exactly what I have become!Thanks BOB its all your fault for building this great site! laugh
I like being able to see who is out there,was a reel eye opener when it first came out.Realy made a point for keeping quiet on what you want to remain quiet.
I think that the chat sessions are a blast*burp* but could benifit from some structure,they get to be a bunch of burping babble after awile!?They are young and I think they will grow into a neet thing.

#138787 - 02/02/02 09:05 PM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
I agree, I don't like it when someone comes on the chat asking questions and we don't know who they are. Where were you all Thus night? It was me and 4 others up until 10. confused

#138788 - 02/02/02 09:08 PM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Hey GMan .. which address were you at. I heard there had been a fair number of folks there ... and still a few when I finally stopped by late.

I know some of the folks went to the backup board on Monday night and wondering if you did the same??

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#138789 - 02/03/02 01:27 AM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
papafsh Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA.
Hey guys, not wanting to be an ass about it but I tried sitting in on the live chat a couple of times, and decided I must be too old or something.
After several minutes of insider jokes and a bunch of overly done sound effects, i figured I wasn't in this particular loop so bagged it.

I'm sure it's fun for the guys that like it though.

I would be more interested if it were directed toward specific topics. Just looked like a bunch of disjointed conversation, kinda like being in a crowded bar.

I'm not flamin' anyone so don't get a big backlash over it.

Peace cool

#138791 - 02/03/02 12:01 PM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
...or you can remove the check from the Audio box, which is what I do. Heck, you can even use the /ignore function to ignore people that seem to be doing nothing but *sounds*. You can later remove them from ignore if you wanna see if they are still *burp*ing. It's all laid out pretty nice in the help file .

#138792 - 02/03/02 02:52 PM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
I couldn't log on Java so I went to the other route . What I'm I doing wrong? I have windows ME. Is that enough? confused

#138793 - 02/03/02 03:17 PM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
G-man, I think you and I are in the same boat. I tried the link on the top of the header, and I kept getting disconnected. My service maybe? At least you and I got to BS for a little while on the alternate site/connection.

#138794 - 02/03/02 06:39 PM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
Diana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I noticed several lines that were directed to me that came in red or blue. Does that mean they were private? Or does that mean that my computer picked up the "diana" in their message?
It seems to me to be pointless if it's a private chat....no wonder papafish said it seemed disjointed. He would be reading my replies that don't tie up to a single thing on the visual board.
diana

#138796 - 02/04/02 01:20 AM Re: Recent Anglers Board.
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
For those that have been having log-in problems, please see the Bob, Help! post for possible solutions.

For those that have found the mass chat to be overwhelming ... the private chat is available to certain members (direct the message back to them using instructions on the hlep page and other people won't wonder what you're talking about).

There can also be several subrooms with samller groups if you wish ... this might be a good option for those looking for discussions on a certain topic ... just make a subroom (again ...the help page) with the name of the topic you're interested in and see if anyone wishes to share. The subrooms are usually listed in the lower right hand corner smile

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer), 1328 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645376 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |