LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139426 - 02/06/02 04:46 PM Good steely boat & pleasure boat- any suggestions?
MacSteely Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kennewick, Wa.
Don't know if it is possible but....
I'm trying to please the kids, mom and myself in finding an all purpose boat for some water skiing (as an option) and a ton of fishing. Thinking about 17' to 19'- with a canvas cover, 90 plus hp with an attached 9 hp yamaha/honda trolling motor. Thinking of buying used- I am open for any thoughts and suggestions.
Need some ideas. Thanks.

#139427 - 02/06/02 05:13 PM Re: Good steely boat & pleasure boat- any suggestions?
Doc Strangelove Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Vancouver, WA
19 ft NorthRiver Sportster 175 sportjet. Love mine.

#139428 - 02/06/02 05:32 PM Re: Good steely boat & pleasure boat- any suggestions?
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Sound's like you need a 20'semi vee 200hp jet.Fully loaded with top/drop curtains.9.9 or 10hp kicker.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#139429 - 02/06/02 08:24 PM Re: Good steely boat & pleasure boat- any suggestions?
goforchrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: sammamish WA
Sounds like I'm not the only one looking for the perfect compromise(see my post titled "Dual purpose boat?"
I would like my wife to be able to enjoy a boat within our means that fishes well.
Everything that I point out is too spartan for her(that's what I get for marrying a girl who grew up on a 50' twin diesel luxury cruiser!)
For a day on the lake, I have considered Harbercraft, Wellcraft coastal and sportsman, and trophy....wife is not interested.
until I win the lottery, it will just be a fishing boat.

#139430 - 02/07/02 12:05 PM Re: Good steely boat & pleasure boat- any suggestions?
silver hilton Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Out there, somewhere
If you're going to be fishing the columbia system, you can probably get by with a prop boat. Any of the semi Vee aluminum manufacturers will probably be adequate. I happen to love my Northriver.

I'd be careful about trying to get by with just a 90, especially if you want to water ski once in a while. I read a survey when I was buying my boat, by JD Powers, that the most common reason for being dissatisfied with a boat is lack of adequate power.

#139431 - 02/07/02 12:32 PM Re: Good steely boat & pleasure boat- any suggestions?
baddawg Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett WA
I've been looking at simular boats and hve been impressed with the alumaweld, fishrite preformer, hewescraft, willie, and weldcraft boats. Looked at the harbarcraft boats and was not real impressed with the workmanship. Good luck on finding a used boat, they are tough to find if you are looking for an aluminum.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, 1 invisible), 1271 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |