Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140294 - 02/11/02 08:23 PM humptulips fishing
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

Loc: gales creek, or
sise slider,

1 can assure you that we did land 70 in 5 hours. there were two of us in the boat. we both had fish on 99% of the day, i know it seems crazy, but (perfect drift) aka james, will vouch for my credibility. and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it.

some of you go fishing and others just go catching!
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#140295 - 02/11/02 09:13 PM Re: humptulips fishing
Perfect Drift Offline
Smolt

Loc: Battle Ground, Washington
First of all Sideslider, Mr Kevin Lund does not know Stlhdr1. Second, he has absoulutely NOTHING to do with Ultimate Egg Cure. Funny how you make the assumption that he is, because he's part of an entirely different egg cure company. Which one I will not say. That's up to Kevin.. Third and foremost, I will 100% vouch that Kevin did indeed land 70 chinook in one day. He telephoned me the day it happened and personally told me that he had the best day salmon fishing he's ever had in his life. The guy has fished all over, including Alaska and British Columbia. So why out of the blue would he make up some story about hooking 100 chinook out of the Hump??

Oh and sideslider, you know what they say about assumptions..

James

Original Creator: Ultimate Egg Cure

#140296 - 02/11/02 11:26 PM Re: humptulips fishing
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

james,
thanks for the support, didn't bother to ask you but thought you wouldn't have a problem with the truth.

sideslider,
you shouldn't be so quick to slam someone if you don't have the background.
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#140297 - 02/12/02 04:56 AM Re: humptulips fishing
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I happened to click on this post wondering why he was calling out freedrifter and scrolled through the threads to notice the thread about the humpy being closed... As I read it I noticed a remark from freedrifter that I laughed at at first but then it really began to irk me.... confused

Personally, I don't know who Kevin Lund is... As for landing 70 chinook in a day, well why not?? And if it wasn't 70 then 50?? Who cares if he did or didn't catch and release that many and personally it sounds like a great day, but for YOU FREEDRIFTER to call him out as a liar,,, WHY?? Is it you that is lacking confidence or perhaps know how?? Then to make a wise crack about the fact that Ultimate Egg Cure isn't out on the market yet?? confused I'm confused with what you were trying to say... If you don't like people that catch fish just say so!!!!!!!! But if someone wants to come on this board and claim they caught 70 then they caught 70!! Or if someone wants to come on the board and claim they boated 40 then they boated 40... At least their is pictures to back the Ultimate Egg Cure and for marketing well I didn't know there was a hurry as fall is still a long ways out!! eek
Freedrifter at least explain with KNOWLEDGE what you are trying to say...
Keith laugh

#140298 - 02/12/02 11:12 AM Re: humptulips fishing
side slider Offline
Parr

it is perfectly o.k. to tell fish stories on this board but almost phisicaly impossible to put 100 fish in a boat with two people in five hours again let me do the math for you five hours is 300 minutes divide that by 100 fish and that puts you at 1 fish every 3 minutes. now if a fella told me that he caught 100 fish with his buddy on an all day adventure early in the season when the days are looooooong. it would give him more credability. it also says that they did it in four different holes how about a little travel time and what about breaking off a rig or getting a tangle or taking a drink or eating a sandwich. with all of that it now brings his average fish fighting time down to about 2 minutes. as far as the cure thing goes I made that comment on the end so that maybe I would get a response and some information on where I could get some.

#140299 - 02/12/02 12:14 PM Re: humptulips fishing
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Ok, you guys just have your p i s s ing match but I'm just not going to get into it. If it was a hundred or even seventy or maybe fifty I don't doubt you. Sounds like a great day...What a big hurt ya must have put on em'

But, a question on the Humptulips River for ya!!

Isn't the river CLOSED to fishing for Kings? I thought it was open for hatchery Silvers only. Would the WDFW completely close the river to ALL fishing if there was another 50 or so boats there banging on the Kings like this? I sure would hate to see that happen!!

For some reason the WDFW has it in their minds, or the Indian minds, that there is not enough Kings for a kill fishery or even a catch and release fishery and the hooking and releasing this number of fish would have a percentage of dead Kings. Boy, I wish I had some of that killer egg cure you are using. They must be just a sucking it down. Can I purchase some cure from you?

Yes, I would like to fish for Kings too, but at this time, it just doesn't seem like that's gonna happen. Ya got room for a few more Jet boats in those four holes? I'm sure I could muster up a few more to enjoy this fishin'!! Maybe we could anchor end to end and start a big ol' hog line there. Won't that be fun. Betcha we could "get em all" with ya..

Thank you for an enjoyable story, I too, have caught a King...

fp

#140300 - 02/12/02 02:28 PM Re: humptulips fishing
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Sideslider, sorry for jumping at you.. But I thought you were clowning the egg cure along with Kevin Lund and his story. If that wasn't the case please accept my apology.
Your right after doing the math it does make for a tough story to beleive but it does sound like they had a good day.
As for the egg cure it will be available this fall season in most large retail stores..
Keith laugh

#140301 - 02/12/02 06:57 PM Re: humptulips fishing
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

Side Slider,
I'm not telling a lie. but if go read what you've wrote and then what i've wrote you'll see there are great diferences in the story....

First, i stated specifically that we(2 people) HOOKED, 100 fish and LANDED 70 in those five hours if i do my math that's about 300 minutes into (2) guys landing 70 hmmmmmmmmm 300/35 fish ea. = 8.57min per fish lannded. now i dont want to start a pissing match here but who go their facts in order. read before you post.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
80lb tuffline,40 Mono,6/0 hooks, 20foot boat
200 jet.15 kicker. in all, looks like there's a possability for those fish to have been landed.

as for the fish population being able to sustain a fishery, there were other sleds there that day, they too hooked lots of fish. satsop is open to kings, can you tell me anyone who caught even ten kings in ten hours of fishing on that river, "NOT" other rivers don't have those numbers of fish. period, indians net the hump in tidewater in oct. and they can't evenn hurt the run.( few years ago it was bad, now its hot and they need to open it)

as for the bait thing, cure is always for sale. my partner Scott Amerman and i have been selling eggs and cure for the last 5 years.we would love you to join in with lots of others and try our products....... no this is not a ploy to sell bait and cure or i would have stated it when it would have done some good, when it happened.
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#140302 - 02/12/02 07:05 PM Re: humptulips fishing
PrimeEvil Offline
Alevin

Loc: puyallup, WA
do the hatcherys on teh hump produce kings? all the ones i caught had all the fins.. but yeah it was hot last year for the kings, me using 14lb test got broke off really fast, but did land about 5, all really nice.. all in all it was a great year! hope 2002 is as good! hey kevin where on the hump were you fishing?

i bought some of the amerman cure last year and i gave a bunch away that stuff was killer.. wink i had so many eggs i couldnt use them all.. hope you guys got some business from it

Casey

#140303 - 02/12/02 07:14 PM Re: humptulips fishing
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

this hole story is from an original post"hump to close to sportfishing" that Ryan Petzold srarted furter down the page, it got locked so i started a new one.

we fished just below 101 in about a 5mile tretch of the river. we were both fighting fish most of the time. it was the best fishing i've ever had. and thats tuff to beleive, cause i've been to Alaska 7 times, and NW British Columbia 3 and have had lots of big # days. but this was the best. I had the opportunity to fish the Nushigak river in AK three years in a row, and would rate 3rd to the hump last year.
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#140304 - 02/13/02 11:01 AM Re: humptulips fishing
side slider Offline
Parr

Kevin,
My appologies. I stand corrected. you are my new hero

#140305 - 02/13/02 02:25 PM Re: humptulips fishing
fishnbear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: A coastal river with fish
THIS RIVER IS CLOSED TO KINGS !!! GET IT. Leave them alone, mad 3 years ago they got back 1000 kings, that way low for this river, It has been getting better in the past few years, thats why they have cut back the netting. The agreement the fisheries,and the indians made was if we cut the netting in the fall, then you close the sport fishing to kings, makes sense ? They are trying to rebuild there runs back to where they were in the early 70s. There are lots and lots of silvers in there now. Remember a few years ago when it was closed to retaining silvers. As for catching 70 k boys in 5 hrs thats awesome, unbeleavible but awesome. They will open it back up for agian in a few years for kings, but for now PLEASE dont target them if you catch one here and there that happens. If the tribe heres there are lots of kings back, they will want to net more, or close the river to all fishing, and that will be a bad thing. If you cant follow the state regs , stay at home and fish your own rivers. this is a bad bad thing.

#140306 - 02/13/02 02:27 PM Re: humptulips fishing
fishnbear Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: A coastal river with fish
THIS RIVER IS CLOSED TO KINGS !!! GET IT. Leave them alone, mad 3 years ago they got back 1000 kings, that way low for this river, It has been getting better in the past few years, thats why they have cut back the netting. The agreement the fisheries,and the indians made was if we cut the netting in the fall, then you close the sport fishing to kings, makes sense ? They are trying to rebuild there runs back to where they were in the early 70s. There are lots and lots of silvers in there now. Remember a few years ago when it was closed to retaining silvers. As for catching 70 k boys in 5 hrs thats awesome, unbeleavible but awesome. They will open it back up for agian in a few years for kings, but for now PLEASE dont target them if you catch one here and there that happens. If the tribe heres there are lots of kings back, they will want to net more, or close the river to all fishing, and that will be a bad thing. If you cant follow the state regs , stay at home and fish your own rivers. this is a bad bad thing.

#140307 - 02/13/02 06:47 PM Re: humptulips fishing
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
i personally don't see the bragging rights on fishing a river thats closed for the taking of chinook.maybe i missed something here and you can explain it for me.thats about the same as targeting chums on the satsop,which is also closed to the taking,but you could of caught as many as you wanted to in a matter of a few hours.now if you were fishing open waters and put up those kind of numbers,that would be impressive.scott

#140308 - 02/13/02 09:24 PM Re: humptulips fishing
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
I think 40lb test is a little excessive, sounds like a snagger outfit if you ask me.. but whatever i also agree its wrong to target the kings, and hope runs improve so we can have some excellent fishing again.

Casey

#140309 - 02/13/02 10:42 PM Re: humptulips fishing
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

sorry to have affended anyone here, it was our intention to fish the satsop that day but it was poor. we had made the drive from portland and chose to look at other rivers. when we got to the hump it has full of fishermen, and fish. we asked what they were catching, and were told "kings and silvers. we looked at the sysnop., and decided to fish scince we were already there. we didn't plan to fish on these fish from the beginning, it only happened that way, we were not going to drive home 3.5 hours after not having any success on the sop. as for the line wt. of 40lb test. that is average for fall fish that weigh 20-50lbs. what lb line do all of you use when salmon fishing in the ocean, 30 lb for most of you i bet. i choosse 40 so the eighty lb tuff will not break off the mono liter on the hook set.
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

#140310 - 02/14/02 02:37 AM Re: humptulips fishing
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
I have to back the "stay off the Kings" people. I fish about 250 days a year, nice being retired. I also call Grays Harbor my home, and have since 1968. Most of the rivers in this part of the state has seen either my drift boat or jet boat. In the past 15 yrs. my fishing has gone from "meat fishing" to sport fishing. Most of the line weight is 12#, 10 and 10 1/2 foot rods...a fun way to fish. Could never use 80# line, and 40# leader, and for sure not on a river that was open for "hatchery silvers only". Shame on those "so called sports people".

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#140311 - 02/14/02 10:26 AM Re: humptulips fishing
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
I wonder if people realize how bad it looks when C&R fisherman target fisheries that are closed. I know a lot of meat fisherman and have spent a lot of time trying to talk them into Catch and release. And they always have something to say about the moral high ground when they see this. If it is closed leave them alone. If you are from out of state, have a copy of the fishing laws with you. If you are not sure then do the 3 1/2 hr drive back empty handed.

#140312 - 02/14/02 11:07 AM Re: humptulips fishing
kevin lund Offline
Spawner

ya, you guys are right. think i'll trade all my heavy gear in for lite tackle, that way i can fight every salmon till its dead then they are much easier to release.after hearing that the river was closed to the retetion of kings we did manage to keep two nice coho after sorting through all the kings. the battle was so short they hardly waysted any life to fihgt back, then back to the water, i don't think you can call a meat fisherman one who release all the fish they catch. take it easy guys there isn't one of you that wouldn't have given his left n=t to be in the boat that day!
"BOCLMN"
Kevin Lund

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |