Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147383 - 03/31/02 11:19 PM Cathlamet info requested
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Fisherfolks, I'm looking for some info on the Cathlamet area. I've only fished around St. Helens a few times, but thinking of going down river around Cathlamet next weekend.

Could someone point me in the right direction as far as launches, trolling areas, places to run a Kwikfish on the outgoing, etc.

I don't expect any secret honey-holes, and I know to look where the old-timers are congregated; I just need an idea where to look for them.

Thanks.

BTW-- thanks to all those that gave some great info on that "hogline etiquette" thread.

#147384 - 04/01/02 11:58 AM Re: Cathlamet info requested
Bathtub Bob Offline
Parr

Loc: Rochester, Wa
GoHarley. Cathlamet boat basin and lanchh is right in town $3 to lanch. The land you see when you enter the Columbia is Puget Island. Head toward the end of the island buy first you will see a green buoy go right at green buoy down river, Beware go down river a ways shallow water at tip of island. Now you are entering shipping lane go across you will see boats along the shore all the way down are hoglines on the out tides. Watch the locals and remember hoogline post. The land on your left is Tellisile(sp) Island. You can troll all the way along on In tide watch the boats. Clifton Channel is on the other side of the island. You want to be carefull going around the top of the island there a log jetty keep it on your left and head toward Oregon side you will see white house yellow house and old red cannery on ore side of river that is Clifton. Follow boats trolling patterns. Have fun and be safe Bathtub

#147385 - 04/01/02 12:27 PM Re: Cathlamet info requested
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Robert,
Thanks for the great info. That will definately get me headed in the right direction.

#147386 - 04/01/02 08:15 PM Re: Cathlamet info requested
River Rat Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa. Perice
Thinking of heading there Saterday myself maybe we can hook up.

#147387 - 04/01/02 11:53 PM Re: Cathlamet info requested
jcw Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Chehalis, Wa, USA
Robert,
I checked out the launch there a while back and it looks great but also appears that parking could get tight in Cathlamit. How long a run is it from Willow Bar launch downstream of Longview?

#147388 - 04/02/02 01:07 AM Re: Cathlamet info requested
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
Long run, 15 miles or so anyway. I either park out on the street when it's crowded, or disconnect my trailer and stuff it in a hole so I can park in a car spot. Alternatively, you could launch at two sites downstream a couple miles of Cathlamet in Skamakawa, but that's likely to be just as crowded. I can't think of a body of water that has more boats on it at one time than the Lower C - just have to deal with it rolleyes

#147389 - 04/03/02 10:44 AM Re: Cathlamet info requested
Bathtub Bob Offline
Parr

Loc: Rochester, Wa
Fishing was good 4/2 limits. Going today for afternoon tide. Yesterday was one of the calmest days on the big C. The only ripples were the big springers jumping on the end of our lines. laugh

Were camped along the ramp come and say hi. Old green ford with new lance camper Bathtub

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, steely slammer), 962 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |