LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147923 - 04/03/02 08:11 PM Which boat is right for me?
Sprking31 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Auburn Washington
I fish the Fraser and some of its tributaries and also the Skagit and Nooksack River. From people who know something about these types of boats, is a sled better or a jet boat? I dont want a drift boat since its a one shot deal. The sled doesent come with a cover and I would kinda like one to stay out of the sun and light rain on some days. The jet boats come with that and are a bit bigger. What runs in shallow water but also allows the use of plugs and room for moving around? Input on what you guys have and what works for you. Thanks, Help is greatly appreaciated! confused

#147924 - 04/03/02 09:05 PM Re: Which boat is right for me?
Grass Hopper Offline
Smolt

Loc: Woodinville,Wa
Too much to talk about for a simple post feel free to give me a call for a bit of info. For what its worth? (206)396-5380 TOM

#147925 - 04/03/02 09:22 PM Re: Which boat is right for me?
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
I have a small sled with a canopy. Iis posted oon the for sale side of the BB. Iit's a perfect 1/2 maan boat, is set up to shoot upriver, then you can use the oars to boondog or plug your way downstream. It's a14' with 75hp Evinrude. Great wide boat, runss the CHehalis, Nooch, Sop no sweat. Donn't fiis the rivers up your way, but the man I bought theboat from used to fish up your way. Not ssure what rivers, but up north. Emaail me if you're interested.

Northwest River Fisherman

#147926 - 04/03/02 10:27 PM Re: Which boat is right for me?
Sprking31 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I want to be able to put 3 or 4 people in the boat is possible. confused

#147927 - 04/03/02 11:24 PM Re: Which boat is right for me?
pimpinshrimp Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: whatcom county
If you want a kick @ss sled call Howard Fabrication 380 1721. Travis will build anything you want.

#147928 - 04/03/02 11:47 PM Re: Which boat is right for me?
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Not to sound like a broken broken broken broken broken *smack* record, but you can get a Motion Marine jet boat as small as 18', and they will seat 4 people easily. You can even configure a boat online and get a quote from there.

I've ridden in one recently and they're a great boat. Give Mark a call and he'll take ya out for a spin.

#147929 - 04/04/02 12:17 AM Re: Which boat is right for me?
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
was at my dentist the other day, he had just bought a new jet boat, not sure if i got the name right but something light north wind? it was a mid engine mounted motor, jet, like a comp ski boat, with the back end wide open to walk around to fight a fish, the motor was a 243sport jet? in a 20 footer? does any one know what i'm talking or did the nitros kick in to soon, and i'm not even close?

#147930 - 04/04/02 12:58 AM Re: Which boat is right for me?
Sprking31 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I am currently a sophomore at Western Washington University and want a good boat but can only put out somewhere between 10 and 12 thousand and thats kinda stretching it. I want a used one and really like the looks of the some of the alumawelds. Needs to be used and needs to go in shallower but also larger rivers like the columbia and fraser. Let me know what you guys thinks. Sorry for all the questions. eek

#147931 - 04/04/02 08:27 PM Re: Which boat is right for me?
SteelieDan Offline
Fry

Loc: Richland, WA
I've got an older 16.5 foot Wooldridge Plus model sled with a 115 Merc outboard jet. It's an old one and cost me less than you're looking to spend. It has a great top, side curtains, and rear drop curtain. Though only 16.5 feet, it comfortably fishes 4 people--it's got a snub-nosed front end so it's got the room of a 19 foot boat. I run it in the Columbia primarily, but it turns on a dime and runs very, very shallow. I absolutely love this boat! My only complaint is that I do get the hell beat out of me when the water is rough. That's the downside to a sled. But it will go anywhere and take a beating. From the info you've provided, it sounds like you could use a similar boat. Now, if you could just find one.... :p

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (Carcassman, stonefish, steely slammer, wolverine), 1182 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |