LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151236 - 05/08/02 01:45 AM 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
Sprking31 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Auburn Washington
They increased the limit to 4 again because of strong runs. This sucks if you ask me, everyone and there fricking uncle will be fishing it expecting that many fish to be there. Some of the best fishing I have every experienced was in a 1 fish limit which got people in and out at the river leaving the ability for a bunch of people to experience good fishing. A 4 fish limit keeps to many fisherman hammering those fish which makes for a less productive fishery for all of us. Its great theres that many fish but it brings everyone person to the river expecting to catch their 4 fish limit. I dont even think there are any fish at the hatchery on the wind yet but has fishing been anygood in the canyon? Going this weekend below shepard falls and hope to hook a couple! :p

#151237 - 05/08/02 11:16 AM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
gorge_fisherman Offline
Alevin

Loc: Hood River
I agree complety with you about the 4 fish limit. It takes yayhoos a long time to catch 4 fish even in good fishing. I can tell you no one is going to get a limit real soon. The water is super low and crystal clear. They are not getting fish through the ladder at the falls. The boats outside are getting fish, but they will not come up unless the water changes.

#151238 - 05/08/02 09:29 PM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
OregonBankie Offline
Parr

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Hey g_f, where are you finding the fish passage numbers over the falls? Also, is there a source for fish entering the hatchery?

#151239 - 05/08/02 11:57 PM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
FishCatcher Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Lacey, WA
Spent the day fishing the lower Wind river. I don't think anyone is going to get their four fish yet. Only heard of 2 or 3 fish landed below the falls. The river is droping and is clear. I was going to stay down there but can't see pounding dead water. Stopped at the Bonneville. The plunkers had a few on the bank just upriver from Ives Island.

#151240 - 05/09/02 01:11 AM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
This is absolutley terrible, can the state ever pull there head out of there ass, this absolutely ruined it last year with all the jack off's with yellow rods and treble hooks coming from every trailer park west of the Mississipi.
It also increased the garbage factor by ten fold. Can't they just leave it at 2, **** who needs for of these fish a day anyways. Plus those god damm honyocks can't catch a fish if there was 100,000 in the river.
I think we all need to call the wdfw tomorrow and ***** to get it back to 2 fish a day. I liked it when it one a day myself.
Peace Super mad ****in fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#151241 - 05/09/02 01:40 AM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
I agree, this stinks. And they cut us out of a week of fishing on the lower river so they could let this overabundance get up there so the honyoucks could overharvest it. I don't enjoy fishing the Wind and Drano anyway, I've caught enough keepers in the lower river this past week to keep me happy, and I've got another week! After that it's shrimp season, halibut, and Neah Bay kings. So enjoy that 4 fish cracker show without me boys :p

#151242 - 05/09/02 10:26 AM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
gorge_fisherman Offline
Alevin

Loc: Hood River
I got the number of fish through the falls from the bag checker. Here is a link to the hatchery which will show how many fish they have once they open the gates. http://www.r1.fws.gov/gorgefish/carson/

I am glad to see I am not the only one who hates all the crap that goes on on the Wind when they open it to 4 fish. I have never seen the likes of the crap that no nothing fisherman do on that river when there is fish. Ruins the whole experience and when it is 4 fish it just makes the missery of watching these people last twice as long.

#151243 - 05/09/02 07:14 PM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
Bounty Hunter Offline
Smolt

Loc: Sadly in Seattle
Note to self: Don't bring the yellow rod this year... shocked

#151244 - 05/09/02 07:37 PM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
What does a person do with 4 chinook salmon? I took 4 coho home all of last fall and had a hard time finding homes for all the fillets.

My impression of WDFW is they that think big limits = success. My favorite fisheries are generally C&R or have tight limits.

#151245 - 05/09/02 08:23 PM Re: 4 springer limit on wind and drano starting thurs.
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
the problem with these two fisheries is the hatcheries can't handle the surplus fish that are expected back.they open it for 4 fish and the carnage begins in the wind river canyon..one solution would be to give fish away at the traps,that way the green yarn brigade might not fish.they could just go get a few and call it good.scott

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1391 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |