LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158426 - 08/28/02 06:32 AM New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
Joe V Offline
Egg

Loc: Tacoma
I recently moved here and I'm only 2 miles from the Nisqually. Where can I go to get the scoop on techniques and tackle for fishing around here? or anywhere for that matter. I'm more of an open ocean fisherman but I want in on where ever the fishing action is - in and around South Puget Sound. Thanks in advance. Just found this site and started reading the posts. You all seem like real good people.

#158427 - 08/28/02 08:54 AM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
CRAVEN MOOREHEAD Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: TACOMA,WA
hey Joe, Welcome aboard.
From Olympia, you might try Narrows Marina or Pt Defiance Boat house in Tacoma for salt water reports and Sportco in Fife has a big selection of gear as well as a good bunch of guys that know fishing....that might get you started, I am sure there sre other who can help you out too.

#158428 - 08/28/02 09:20 AM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
slippedona%%^^rock Offline
Fry

Loc: on a secret river that nobody...
Welcome Joe, try the river itself, there are lots of information to gather. it is always a learning experience. also just ask people and observe what others are doing. far as tackle there is a few places in olympia not much, but here go's tom.s outboard has some good tackle and helpful people there downtown oly behind the am/pm also tumwater spoets has some good gear, fredy meyer can keep you stocked up too. oh yeah boatersworld on the west side has some real helpful people Andy if you can catch him working, hope this helps you out and good luck to you.

#158429 - 08/28/02 10:51 AM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
frostman Offline
Fry

Loc: Olympia
Zittle's Marina which is out the Johnson Point road has good local info, tackle, and the best launch ramp in our local area (ie high or low tide you can still get in and out!)
Also, Tom's outboard which is just off East Bay Drive in Olympia has tackle and info as well.
Most local info seems to indicate using pt. Wilson Darts and Jigging them off of the Nisqually area. Some action off of Johnson pt. too.

#158430 - 08/28/02 11:47 AM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
milkBottleMikey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Spawn Ranch
Howdy There,

I'd just like to say the discount tackll situation in Olympia has been bleak since YardBirds of Olympia closed way back in '92, I think it was. I do like giving local shops business on occasion but there are better stores in Chehalis, Shelton, Aberdeen, Fife, oh, and the new Sunbirds in Yelm has a good selection of goodies.

#158431 - 08/28/02 12:46 PM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
posh II Offline
Returning Adult

cool Hi Joe....
Welcome and there are REALLY NICE, NICE people here.

Bob has a great board and might suggest that you go to his home page and read through all the information available on this site...has a lot
of info...
I'd like to see the chat room get going in the fall, too.
cool

#158432 - 08/28/02 10:12 PM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
egg goober Offline
Juvenille at Sea

welcome! if you are looking to purchase a fair amount of tackle, you should make the 20-30 minute commute and hit sportco in fife. there is a 99 percent chance they will have everything you need at great prices. good luck!

#158433 - 08/29/02 10:49 AM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
Joe V Offline
Egg

Loc: Tacoma
Thanks all. I'll try a bunch of those shops and I'll snoop around and say hi to the folks fishing. I got my Ft Lewis range pass so hopefully I won't get harrassed by the MPs. Joe

#158434 - 08/29/02 11:03 AM Re: New WA resident. Best place for tips/tackle in Olympia, Nisqually?
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Welcome to the board JV. I'll be out on the "Nasty" tonight after work with my Dad and I think that Trucker is stopping by also. We'll be below the Mounts Rd bridge just in front of the tribes boat launch or a little further down in the powerline hole. I'll be out there at least every Thursday evening through September. I'm hopin' that the new Wally World in Lacey will bring some decent tackle selection to this fishing gear challenged town!!!
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 1100 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |