LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162990 - 10/22/02 06:39 PM Hoodsport chums (and crab)?
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville, WA, USA
Any news? I finally have a free weekend day this Sunday (10/27), and thought I might try down there. I'll be on a boat, although I'm downrigger-challenged these days.

BTW, is there a likely area near the hatchery to throw out a couple crab traps?

Thanks, and regards.

Mike
Woodinville

Finegrain
Woodinville

#162991 - 10/23/02 12:24 AM Re: Hoodsport chums (and crab)?
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
the hatchery number is 360-877-5222, i think. last time I called they said that there weren't very mant around yet. There are still silvers in the canal, I will give you that hint you need to find out where. wink
regarding the crab pots. put them out in front on the skokomish mouth, that is what I recommend. I am not a total crab expert though. Good luck and let us know how you do. laugh

#162992 - 10/23/02 09:36 AM Re: Hoodsport chums (and crab)?
troller Offline
Spawner

Loc: Renton , WA
I have been out their 5 times this year with 5 limits of crab for 4 people each time. If you want to make a little run. If your on the west side where the pipes come down the hill part of the PUD I think. From their if your looking east the canal makes a 90 degree turn heading towards belfair head all the way accross and you will see a point coming out from the north side pretty big one point. This is not the main point where the canal makes it bend but a point that comes out from the shore. I would say maybe 1/2 mile from where the main canal turns. If you head towards the northern shore watch you depth finder if you have one . Their is a 20 - 50 foot shelf that comes about 1/2 way across this stretch. Look for the other pots Their is allways a couple around their . Anything works chicken , turkey, My best luck has been with salmon heads.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1458 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |