Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166227 - 11/20/02 05:10 PM Access to Ft Lewis section of nisqually
Joe275 Offline
Fry

Loc: lakewood
the muck creek/tank bridge area of nisqually is on Ft Lewis but it is not on the restricted access part. although the tank bridge stays locked, you can just walk across it, you hafta go through yelm to get to the river from that side. from ft lewis, you just come on post from spanaway toward the east gate, right before you get to the gate there is a C-5 aircraft mock-up on your right, take a left there and that road will take you all the way to the bridge you will see the range signs as you go, 81, 89, 90-94, you will also pass lewis lake(which has no fish in it, it's infested with salamanders that eat all the fish eggs) you only need a range pass if you intend to hunt on an actual range, lots of guys pheasant and deer hunt out that way. at the first Y in the road stay left toward the drop zone and your golden, oh yea if you come from the yelm side don't be fooled, the gate IS locked, i have seen countless people having to reverse all the way back off the bridge, good luck!

#166228 - 11/20/02 05:40 PM Re: Access to Ft Lewis section of nisqually
BW Offline
Spawner

Loc: LAKEWOOD,WA,USA
If they catch you, you will find you need more than a range pass. There is a film you need to watch and you must give them the manufacture's name and serial number of the gun you are using. There is also a test you need to take. I can not recal what the name of the building you need to go to is but they can tell you about it at the Ft Lewis golf coarse.

#166229 - 11/20/02 06:16 PM Re: Access to Ft Lewis section of nisqually
Joe275 Offline
Fry

i meant just to fish, about all the hunting i do is with my car when it's foggy

#166230 - 11/20/02 08:42 PM Re: Access to Ft Lewis section of nisqually
philpac33 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: offut lake/lacey
i talked to a fella who was fishing the same stretch of water i was on the skok about a month ago and he had a date in FEDERAL court the next week because he was unknowingly fishing in a restricted area. he said they ran up on him raght after he had landed his biggest and brightest king of his life..know for sure and step carefully..

#166231 - 11/21/02 01:55 AM Re: Access to Ft Lewis section of nisqually
Joe275 Offline
Fry

then its settled i will contact range control tommorrow and find out exact details, look for the post!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1229 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |