I live in West Seattle and have been fishing for many years in the local areas. I have done the Sekiu,Mid Channel,Pt Defiance,Pt no Point,Possession,etc,etc,. But I have come to the conclusion that on good days or even fair days, Elliott Bay can hang with the big boys. Example on Sunday the tengu derby/All mooching no Down Riggers,no jigs, no hardware, 50 anglers landed 23 fish, and that does not count the non derby guys like me who had great action all morning, and again on monday A.M..I have not been blanked in 11 trips in the bay or off Duwamish head. I am not saying that the bay is better than the other spots but that I think it is overlooked by most people due to the fact that it is in downtown seattle basicly. If you added the downriggers and other hardware to the mix on sunday I would think the success rate would of jumped way up? I only mooch cut plugs and sometimes drop a dart and I have no depth finder.So for a basic set-up, and a average fisherman I think my success has been good. If a well equipped boat and good anglers hit the bay on a regular basis I can only imagine the results that could be had. Bottom Line dont think that just because of the city surroundings the fishing cant be good. I hope Elliott bay is not a Zipper. OOPs