I know we've covered this before but I just returned from holiday travels to find the new STS video waiting for me as a present from my wife. What a hoot. She kept asking why Nick and Bill were making all the hooting and grunting noises that start the video as Nick wrestles with a beaut of a buck on light tackle. Maybe if I get her into her first steelhead this winter she'll get it...

Anyway, great job you guys. It's a great drift fishing primer but more than that it's a real hoot to see you having such a great time. Who wouldn't like to get more clear sunny mid-week March days on the coast? That's what it's all about. I wish more folks we run into on the river who give you the blank stare would realize that.

And it's worth checking out if for nothing other than to see the bruisers they managed to get to the boat. The scenery is a good reminder of why we do this too. Nick is one of the luckiest people I know. The week before filming the video he spent five days giving me tips on catching Vancouver Island nates with jigs.

Tough life. cool

Bruce

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: B. Gray ]