I got this from the Virtual Fly Shop.
laugh
Posted by Smiley on Saturday, July 6, 2002 at 07:57:35PM
I am new to flyfishing and I want to get started on the right foot. I see numerous pictures in magazines of flyfishermen biting their rods. They are usually kneeling down in the water with a fish in their hands and they are biting their rods. They are usually biting the rod in a horizontal position. Must the rod be exactly level when being bitten? I am not sure which way I should have my tip pointing. I am left handed so should I have my tip pointing to my left or my right? Also, should I leave the plastic on my rod handle for reasons of sanitation? Do different brands of rods taste differently? Must I always have a fish in the picture or can I have an occasional photo of me simply biting my rod even though I have not caught a fish? Is there a preferred shape of grip for maximum comfort? May I bite the shaft of the rod instead of the cork grip? Do I always need to smile? If I am with a friend should we bite our rods with the tips pointing the same direction? Any help will be gratefully appreciated

You can go here to see others reply.
http://www.flyshop.com/bulletin/