Let me start off by saying this is NOT an anti sled post. I feel they have just as much right to be there as I do.
I do not wante them banned or restricted in any way so all of thoes who want to get mad over what i am about
to say well just chill.

Saturday I floated the North Lewis (caught 2 and hooked 3 others) all the sleds we talked to were complaining
about how the fish were so spooky.
the river was flowing 1600 cfs and mostl the fish were holding in 4 feet of water or less. The sledders generally said that the low clear water is why the
fish were so spooky. Now I put on at first light and floated over many many fish that never spooked yes as soon as I got past the first sled the fish would
scatter before my boat even got to them. Also when I would anchor up to fish and a sled came in below me from downstream the pool i was fishing would suddenly fill with fish.
The sleds are why the fish are so spooky. The river is lower than it was in May and June sleds simply cannot go full throttle up river every 20 minutes and expect the fish not to be spooky.
This is a no brainer!!!!! if you don't want the fish to be spooky then quit running over their heads with your sled.

I tell you what too these fish are grabby to spinners until they get run over by a sled. then the bite turns off.

you may not like all this but it is true.