I've been using 12lb trilene xt for my steelhead fishing. I have used this line for years and was very satisfied until last year. I lost at least 4 fish last winter that swam away plug and all. I also lost one today that broke my mainline. None of these fish put up the kind of tussle that my line has stood up to in past years. So I want to make a change. Lots of plug pullers are making the change to lines like Power Pro and similar. Problem is I do a lot of drift fishin also. As I understand it these lines have poor abrasion resistance,if true this won't work for driftin.Are these lines durable for plug pullin for more than 1 season? I use maxima UG for all my leaders when drift fishin and am very satisfied with their performance kinda spendy though. Should I put Power Pro on my plug rods and 12lb Ug on my drift fishing rods or put 12lb UG on both? One thing I forgot to mention I do change my lines 2 or 3 times a season,feel for nicks,etc. So thats not the problem with the XT. All opinions welcome