Seems like the bite is slowing down quite a bit. Still decent fishing but not near what it was. This last high water we had didt seem to yeild the sustainded brat bonanza the earlier high waters did. It is getting to that time when these fisheries may tend to wind down. We might see one or two more decent pushes of fish but I doubt any more huge pushes, the way its looking we might have already seen most of the run.

I think all this high water has pushed most of the fish up into the hatchery creek and the trap. They have already cleaned out the trap two or three times taking 5 to 6 hundred fish each time. The creek is still very full of steelhead dosent look like them cleaning out the trap multiple times has even dented the condensed fish yet.

Time for me to find other places to go or wait for the nates to show. It has got far to crowded and I am not one to camp out on the same rock all day or be stuck in the boat train.

There are a few nates around but not anything to write home about or really target. The ones I have seen caught or heard of at the Bogie or the ponds have mostly been bonked. My expierience of the Duc hasnt been anything to write home about yet. I revieved decent reports before my outing yesterday but there is no reason we didnt hit a few fish up at bear creek. There must have not been anything up there it was a little on the big side but if there were fish we should have hit a few.

I cant believe meat fisherman will kill a nate when there is no reason you cant get a couple of hatchery fish. It just throws me for a loop no respect for the wild fish. There are some people I will never understand.