I took the girlfriend out for a day of picnicking(fish viewing) on the Skykomish on Sunday. We started at Sultan and ran about 3 miles above the mouth of the Wallace and all the way down to Elwell ck. Looked pretty hard at all the normal areas I have seen reds or fish... Saw a total of 6 fish. Sitting in tailouts or paired up on reds. 2 pairs at the mouth of the Wallace. A lonely buck in the tailout of two-bit and a lone hen,digging a red, I know the buck was close, at the very top of two-bit. She was black on white! Really very neat to see! Today(Tuesday) I ran below Lewis St. all the way to the Snohomish and back up each direction a different side of the river. I did not see a single fish.? I am well aware of the fact the water has been up and down and it only takes a couple of hours for them to come in and do there thing... especially in that lower end. But, I have seen a lot of fish and know where and what to look for. And yet found it odd that I could'nt see a single fish down below? Oh well, just thought a few of you might like that info... Year by year I care less about how big and where and how many.. And just enjoy being out there and seeing the fish do there thing!

ps; Hi Jerry-Berry! When can you get a pass to fish? frown