i caught my first 50# class chinook today beer caught it in tidewater about a mile off the salt. as i was wading downriver to my spot(first time there this year), another guy was wading down with my buddy and myself...you know the guy, won't shut up about how many he caught yesterday, what type of terminal set-up, yadda yadda yadda...he looks at my drift gear and tells me to totally eliminate my lead-all of it. so to get him to shut up i oblige and lo and behold BAM!! first cast i'm gobbled up by a 12# bright chum hen. release it and this happens several more times, some on eggs under a float in the really snaggy areas, then out of nowhere some big ass kings move through my slot and it was on. besides papa grande i also landed a few low 30's and saw some other behemoths make their way up through the shallow riffle at low tide which was about 80 yards below where i was drifting. all in all i came home empty handed(a couple of pictures though) since i was targeting silvers, but oh well, i just caught the largest salmon of my life...i'm going again wednesday laugh laugh laugh laugh