THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179098 - 11/29/06 06:30 PM Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Now vs Then scenarios

kinda funny, but a bit TOO true eh? cool

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1973 the Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to
His car and gets his to show Jack. Calls Jack a pussy, says a .243 is for wimps, what Jack really needs is a 30.06

2006 the School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack is hauled off to jail
And never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for
Traumatized students and teachers. Jack's parents called in for questioning. His dad loses his job at Big 5 Sports gun counter. Media reps hound his mother at Walgreens, she has nervous breakdown and vomits on Jim Foreman.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight when Johnny insults a girl after school.

1973 The Crowd gathers. Mark beats the **** out of Johnny, who has a big mouth and nobody likes him anyway. Johnny and Mark shake hands. Mark "gets some" off the girl that night because she is so impressed Mark stood up for her after Johnny insulted her. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled, no lawyers are called.

2006 The Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge
Them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Girl sent to mental health counselor, put on anti-depressants for trauma she suffered from insulting remark from Johnny.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1973 Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal.
Sits still in class the rest of the day. Gets another smack from his dad after school when pops reads the note the Principal sent home. Jeffrey sits even more still the next day, and every day after.

2006 Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School
Gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability. School forced to spend $25K on improvements to accomodate Jeffrey's "issues".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his fathers car. his Dad gives
Him a royal whipping after taking off his belt s-l-o-w-l-y to send home the message "this is gonna hurt you more than me, you little asshole".

1973 Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to
College, and becomes a successful businessman. Works for and fishes with Mingo, who was raised the same way.

2006 Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster
Care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that
She remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison for 20 years. Billy's Mom has affair with psychologist. Sister writes book, goes on Oprah and Dr. Phil, hits lecture circuit. Thrown out of Outdoor Emporium for being a total lying b!tch. Tries to steal a Loomis GLX drift rod. Rod is used on her backside as she runs out door. Film at 11.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1973 Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock. Principal gives Mark a smoke. they talk about fishing and girls. Principal tells Mark a naughty joke.

2006 Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car
Searched for drugs and weapons. Mark does 30 hours community service. Doctor diagnoses Mark with various syndromes, gives him massive doses of anti-depressants. Mark changes name to BigStick.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1973 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a
Special school for expectant mothers.

2006 Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies
The ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion
Without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told
To be more careful next time. Mary encouraged to openly explore her sexuality at every opportunity but to always use latex condoms. Mary goes on Oprah and Dr. Phil, hits lecture circuit.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English. Pedro is teased by other kids.

1973: Pedro goes to summer school, vows to make better life for himself. passes English, goes to college. Meets up with former classmates at 10 year reunion. THey party and joke about his ****ty former English.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper
Articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a
Requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit
Against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned
From core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing
Lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July,
Puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1973 Ants die.

2006 BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic
Terrorism, cruelty to animals, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, Computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is Never allowed to fly again. Family is torn apart forever. Johnny compared with Jeffrey Dahmer by media, since Dahmer also got his start "torturing animals".

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee.
He is found crying by his lovely, shapely 25 year old teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1973 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing. Mary is his favorite teacher. He brings her an apple the next day.

2006 - Other teachers observe hug. Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. Psychotic, overweight and extremely jealous rival teacher Shelly Schnarfenfudge tells police she saw Mary "slip Johnny the tongue". Mary Faces 3 years in State Prison.

laugh

#179099 - 11/29/06 07:23 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great post Mingo.

It sure makes you wish for the old days.

#179101 - 11/29/06 09:59 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Quote:
Originally posted by Mingo:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1973 Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock. Principal gives Mark a smoke. they talk about fishing and girls. Principal tells Mark a naughty joke.

2006 Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car
Searched for drugs and weapons. Mark does 30 hours community service. Doctor diagnoses Mark with various syndromes, gives him massive doses of anti-depressants. [b]Mark changes name to BigStick.

[/b]
rofl rofl

#179102 - 11/30/06 12:04 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Quote:
Now vs Then scenarios

kinda funny, but a bit TOO true eh? cool

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1973 the Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to
His car and gets his to show Jack. Calls Jack a pussy, says a .243 is for wimps, what Jack really needs is a 30.06

2006 the School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack is hauled off to jail
And never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for
Traumatized students and teachers. Jack's parents called in for questioning. His dad loses his job at Big 5 Sports gun counter. Media reps hound his mother at Walgreens, she has nervous breakdown and vomits on Jim Foreman.

Last week while driving though the Timberline H.S. parking lot I saw a S.W.A.T. officer standing in the back of 1 of their armored vehicles showing a group of students an automatic rifle, took me a little by suprise, thought it was cool though!
Back in 83-84 a buddy and I would go hunting after school and leave our guns in his trunk, never thought much about it, wouldn't think of doing that now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1973 Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal.
Sits still in class the rest of the day. Gets another smack from his dad after school when pops reads the note the Principal sent home. Jeffrey sits even more still the next day, and every day after.

2006 Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School
Gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability. School forced to spend $25K on improvements to accomodate Jeffrey's "issues".

Today's education system:
Teachers afraid of principals
Principals afraid of the administration
Admin afraid of the school board
School board afraid of parents
Parents afraid of there kids
And the kids aren't afraid of anyone

Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1973 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a
Special school for expectant mothers.

2006 Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies
The ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion
Without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told
To be more careful next time. Mary encouraged to openly explore her sexuality at every opportunity but to always use latex condoms. Mary goes on Oprah and Dr. Phil, hits lecture circuit.

Planned Parenthood? condoms? kids just have there babies and bring them to school with them, hell, alot of schools now offer daycare!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

laugh

#179103 - 11/30/06 12:48 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Quote:
Quote:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by AkKings:
[qb] Back in 83-84 a buddy and I would go hunting after school and leave our guns in his trunk, never thought much about it, wouldn't think of doing that now.

[/b]
when I was a senior in high school in '77, a buddy and I would keep our bows in our cars in full view of everyone. Sometimes we'd even stash them in our lockers, along with our arrows. nobody thought that was weird. I was co-captain of the varsity baseball team and basically could do whatever the hell I wanted to.....After baseball practice at Delta Park (Portland), we'd go bowhunting for rabbits............they were all over the place. Nowadays if we were still in school hunting bunnies with bows after baseball practice, we'd be sent to sensitivy training and probably end up on medication. PETA would show up to protest our baseball games. And my dad would still break all their PETA jaws for ruining my concentration at the plate laugh laugh

#179104 - 11/30/06 11:53 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Nice triple tap, Mingo... smile

I remember when they passed that law prohibiting firearms on school grounds. The principal just said at the assembly that they from now on "they just need to be left home, and if it's hunting season they need to be kept out of sight." wink

laugh

#179105 - 11/30/06 02:30 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Yeah, the times sure have changed.

I remember in high school when a friend would bring his shotgun onto the school bus so he could go pheasant hunting with a classmate after school. No problem, the shotgun stayed by the bus driver's seat, and then at school, the student left the shotgun and ammo in the principle's office, where he could pick 'em up after class and go hunting.

#179106 - 11/30/06 03:29 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
No consequences results in no enforceable rules. Bottom line...I blame the legal system for not backing up the parents.

Too much concern for, "Oh why, oh why, did Johnny do that?"

IMO, the answer to the question "why" is the booby prize of life. beer

#179107 - 11/30/06 03:31 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Yup, now they bring them to school to whack students and teachers and fist fights end up with someone dead. Times have changed.

#179108 - 11/30/06 04:03 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
When I was in the 7th grade we had a taxidermy club and stuffed dead critters in the classroom during after school hobby time.
Of course, Marysvile was just a little logging and farming town then.

#179110 - 12/01/06 11:16 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Good post, Sad but true. Now adays some punk will talk smack knowing full well that if you want to give him a little education that Daddy should have done a long time ago your ass will end up behind bars..

I remember a 'few' (probably 8 or so) of us sitting in my van parked back by the wood and metal shops, listening to Metallica and Slayer. Everyone says Shhh here comes Mr. Howser... Mr. Howser walks by taps on the window and says, "hey man your van is on fire" with all the smoke rolling out of the windows.. Of course next period was wood shop and he knew full well who all was in the van. We all were told to stay away from the power tools and sweep the shop for the rest of the period....No cops, no priciple, heck he probably wanted a BT for himself???

#179111 - 12/01/06 06:00 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
jv2333 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Tacoma
I grew up in the transition era of all of this crap. Kids just arent allowed to have fun like they used to. I listen too all of my olders friends story, and wow I couldnt have got away with that. I just wonder what its gonna be like in 20 more years.. beathead

#179112 - 12/01/06 10:26 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

jv2333....good point! We did get away with a helluva lot, and now you've got me curious, what's your take on why that is so and how do you feel about it? Seriously. huh

Small point: In my day we used to refer to cops as peace officers....now they are law enforcement. what

#179113 - 12/03/06 10:15 PM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
sardonicus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Spokane, Wa.
Lord, reminiscing about a society of mostly normal people is so frustrating nowdays. The aberrant ones make all the news. And it becomes the norm. And the nuts are running the asylum.
And they prattle on about tolerance etc...
and at school we have "zero tolerance la te da" signs everywhere. goofy.

#179114 - 12/04/06 12:00 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Sard.....
Quote:
And the nuts are running the asylum.
There's only one reason for that. It's an environment fit only for the disfunctionally obsessed.... beer

#179115 - 12/04/06 12:15 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
"Psychotic, overweight and extremely jealous rival teacher Shelly Schnarfenfudge"

That's funny right there!

#179117 - 12/04/06 07:55 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
jv2333 Offline
Smolt

I think the #1 cause is drugs, not marijuana, I mean meth, crack/cocaine, herion, and all the other nasty crap. That has caused nothing but problems for everyone. Every person in ths country is affected by the drug problems, in some way. think if we could completely elimate the drug problem the world would be a much better place. Also Ive noticed in the past few years tat prescription drugs have been causing lots of problems with teenagers. Im sure thats not the only cause but its probaly #1, or at least in the top 3.

#179118 - 12/04/06 08:03 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
jv2333 Offline
Smolt

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kanektok Kid:
[QB] I remeber having the shotguns in the car when I was in High School. Hunting ducks after school, my junior year we got out of class at noon.

I also remember my good buddy driving his Baja Bug down the main hallway at the High School.
I can assure you, he did not exactly 'get away' with it, but was in class the next day.
Blowin' the fish whistle the whole time.
He was indetified by , well, his car. smile

You can't even carry a little pocket knife to school now, you would probaly get expelled, or sent to some counsilng class or someting. I dont know what to expect when I have kids, and they go to high school. The future's not looking to promising, Everything just revolves around money. Kind of makes it tough for us blue collar types. There just so many rules/regulations with everything in life it hard to just let loose and have a good time anymore, no wonder were so uptight.

#179119 - 12/04/06 08:57 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
jv2333 Offline
Smolt

I remember my junior year(97) some seniors were doing senior pranks, they shoveled a pickup load of manure in front of the doors by the gym, not the main entrance, and I thnk there was 5 or 6 of them that got expelled. confused what Just a little drastic! No one got hurt, no propert damage, whats the big deal. All they should have done was make them clean it up. Could have really screwed up there future because of a harmless prank. There was no more pranks after that... Just not allowed to have any fun frown

#179120 - 12/04/06 11:27 AM Re: Now vs Then........aint' it the truth!
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

JV, I agree with you on the meth thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |