THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#402934 - 01/08/08 04:48 PM What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero?
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
What will happen? What then? It may happen...Sure looks that way, right now anyway. Hillary isn't doing so well right now.

#403012 - 01/08/08 06:10 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
You might vote for a Republican AM... but I HIGHLY doubt you're gonna be electin' one.

#403015 - 01/08/08 06:14 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: 4Salt]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

All I know is it seems impossible to do worse than what we have now.
BJ, shouldn't you be out protesting the Dixie Chicks or something?

#403029 - 01/08/08 06:25 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
 Originally Posted By: AuntyM
We can always do worse. To me, Obama IS worse. He comes from the most corrupted political system in our country.

Which system are you talking about? The US political system or just the democratic party?

Edited by wntrrn (01/08/08 06:31 PM)

#403038 - 01/08/08 06:31 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
"To me, Obama IS worse."

To an ever-growing number of Democrats, Independents, minorities, women and especially young first-time voters... he isn't.

Quote:
"He comes from the most corrupted political system in our country."

I didn't know Obama was actually a white Republican from a southern state?

#403050 - 01/08/08 06:45 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa

I got this in an email.Maybe its all a lie though.

Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama Sr. (black Muslim) of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya, and Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas. (white atheist ).

When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced and his father returned
to Kenya. His mother married Lolo Soetoro -- a Muslim -- moving to Jakarta
with Obama when he was six years old. Within six months he had learned to
speak the Indonesian language Obama spent "two years in a Muslim school,
then two more in a Catholic school" in Jakarta. Obama takes great care to
conceal the fact that he is a Muslim while admitting that he was once a
Muslim, mitigating that damning information by saying that, for two years,
he also attended a Catholic school.

Obama's father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. was a radical Muslim who migrated from Ken ya to Jakarta, Indonesia. He met Obama's mother, Ann Dunham-a white atheist from Wichita, Kansas-at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Obama, Sr. and Dunham divorced when Barack, Jr. was two.

Obama's spinmeisters are now attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came from his father and that influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya immediately following the divorce and never again had any direct influence over his son's education. Dunham married another Muslim, Lolo Soetoro who educated his stepson as a good Muslim by enrolling him in one of Jakarta's Wahabbi schools.

Wahabbism is the radical teaching that created the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad on the industrialized world. Since it is politically expedient to be a Christian when you are seeking political office in the United States, Obama joined the United Church of Christ to help purge any notion that he is still a Muslim.

SEND THIS TO YOUR E FRIENDS

#403064 - 01/08/08 07:00 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
A wise friend of mine recently said, "What's four years of getting kicked in the nuts after getting fuc%ed in the ass for eight?"

#403066 - 01/08/08 07:04 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: Sol]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
 Originally Posted By: Sol
A wise friend of mine recently said, "What's four years of getting kicked in the nuts after getting fuc%ed in the ass for eight?"

Hit the nail on the head.....

#403080 - 01/08/08 07:19 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

hntnfsh - It IS ALL a lie. A right-wing propaganda chain e-mail.

http://www.snopes.com or http://www.factcheck.org if you don't believe me.

#403102 - 01/08/08 07:42 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
KK, you of all people KNOW better. What happened to researching those you plan to support?

You're a dssappointment.

KK's Favorite Fish: Trolling for Republicans on the 'Dark Side'

I'd say he's over his limit today ;\)

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#403107 - 01/08/08 07:49 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
Hate to sound like a bigot because I am not one, I don't think the united states is ready for a woman president or Black president. I think we are even less ready for another republican president. So who does that leave...... Edwards? Richardson? My father in-law is active in the democratic party in New Mexico as well as at a national level. He thinks Richardson is the most qualified , He does not have the warchest of the others and will suffer as a result. Richardson will either be a VP or senior cabinet position.

#403117 - 01/08/08 07:54 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Your profile has always cracked me up, bud, and I always think about it when I drift over here to see what the Think Tank members are up too

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#403144 - 01/08/08 08:42 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I'm likin' where this is goin'. I'll vote for KK.

#403145 - 01/08/08 08:43 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

You get my vote KK!

A few more for your consideration:

Rethink farm subsidies.
Better CAFE standards NOW.
High priority on alternative energy.
Get the HELL outta NAFTA, CAFTA and the WTO.
HUGE painful fines for corporate polluters.
Re-instate a sound environmental protection policy.
Fix the insane trade imbalances.
Rebuild America's manufacturing sector.

That oughtta get you started anyway.

#403160 - 01/08/08 09:42 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

I hereby nominate blue_jay as FCC chair.

He'll streamline the agency by doin' away with everything but FOX News, right-wing talk radio and the Weekly Standard!

Conservatives won't have to whine about the 'liberal media' any more!

#403168 - 01/08/08 10:06 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
You guys need to do a MUCH better job nominating. Frankly, the record proves you SUCK at it.

Can't argue there...

The last election would have been a gimme if we hadn't propped up Lurch and turned him loose to scare everyone and waffle flaccidly. This election should be an easy win too.....

What I think is interesting is that the current political climate probably makes it possible for a woman to be elected president for the first time in history. If only she wasn't Hillary. Same goes with a minority, unfortunately the front runner in that category is woefully inexperienced politically.

I personally could care less about the gender of race of our next president, I'd just really like it to be a decent human being. Couldn't the D's have found one of those, somewhere in this country?

#403279 - 01/09/08 08:36 AM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: LoweDown]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
Hillary wins in New Hampshire. Any which way this whole thing turns out it wont be pretty. And McCain? The options just suck, from bad to worse

#403304 - 01/09/08 11:27 AM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

My gut tells me it's going to be Hillary versus McCain and when the Rove style smear campaign dust settles McCain will win a close election.

#403312 - 01/09/08 11:57 AM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: 4Salt]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
 Originally Posted By: 4Salt
I hereby nominate blue_jay as FCC chair.

He'll streamline the agency by doin' away with everything but FOX News, right-wing talk radio and the Weekly Standard!

Conservatives won't have to whine about the 'liberal media' any more!

LOL I thought KK was going to give me a janitor spot so I can clean up after Larry Craig or somethin

#403331 - 01/09/08 12:43 PM Re: What IF Obama gets it instead of your hero? [Re: blue_jay]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
We have had white men for the past 230 years and a chimp could have done better than what we've had the last 7. The republican canidates may act like it would be more of the same but right now a few of them would say anything to get the nomination. Romney has flipped more than Kerry did during the entire last election and he hasn't won the nomination yet. Mcain had his mom out with him the other day to show that he too could live a few more years, she is in her 90's. Huckaby might get the conserative base but he won't be getting the independents and they will determine the election again in most areas. The democrats have spent the last 4 years strengthing their base and will get more voters to the polls then in years past. Edwards will be showing better in the next weeks as the primarys move to the south and Huckaby will also do better there. No dobut Romney has spent the most so far and will continue to spend as long as he thinks he has a chance. To date he has spent over $17 million of his own money. Remember his dad was govenor on Michigan from 63 to 69 and ran for the republican nomination but lost early and dropped out of the race. Mitt was with his dad on the campaign and learned a lot like how to switch sides to win. His father never switched his opinions and lost.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1292 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |