THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#477785 - 01/06/09 01:03 AM Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Apparently the Governor is in D.C., and her Office is saying that she'll be making an "important announcement" tomorrow morning...there have been some rumors that she might actually be tapped as Commerce Secretary.

No, I'm not kidding.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#477792 - 01/06/09 01:16 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Todd]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Well, she was a strong Obama backer during the election, and Chicago politicians know how to repay favors.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#477793 - 01/06/09 01:25 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Dan S.]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
So Brad Owens will be Governor, or does Dino get it?

I pray for our country if she is in charge of commerce. Absolutely ridiculous. Kind of like letting Koenigs run anything fisheries related.

I like Brad. Golfed with him, stand up guy.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#477800 - 01/06/09 01:36 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Some of you might not like her politics, but she's one of the smartest people I've ever met.

I like Brad Owens, too...he's also sharp as a tack, and a good political tactician...and he has worked closely with us in navigating through the Senate on WDFW Commission appointments.

Fish on...

Todd

#477801 - 01/06/09 01:37 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I'm not sure off the top of my head who would be Governor if she was offered an Administration spot and resigned...but I can say with 100% certainty that it won't be Dino, at least not automatically.

I don't know if the Lt. Gov. steps in to finish the term, or if there would be a special election...I'd guess that the Lt. would become Governor to finish out the term.

I'll look it up.

Fish on...

Todd

#477803 - 01/06/09 01:41 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Todd]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

So getting us into a few billion dollar hole is smart? Let's reward stupidity!

So I know this guy, Bernie Madhoff, needs a job to pay some, 'ehhh, legal bills, he'd do fine at commerce secretary.

In this economy we need someone who has a winning record.

#477805 - 01/06/09 01:47 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Dogfish]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Blame the legislature, Andy.

Governors sign budgets, they don't craft them.

#477807 - 01/06/09 01:49 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Art. II, Section 10, Washington State Constitution:

SECTION 10 VACANCY IN OFFICE OF GOVERNOR. In case of the removal, resignation, death or disability of the governor, the duties of the office shall devolve upon the lieutenant governor; and in case of a vacancy in both the offices of governor and lieutenant governor, the duties of the governor shall devolve upon the secretary of state. In addition to the line of succession to the office and duties of governor as hereinabove indicated, if the necessity shall arise, in order to fill the vacancy in the office of governor, the following state officers shall succeed to the duties of governor and in the order named, viz.: Treasurer, auditor, attorney general, superintendent of public instruction and commissioner of public lands. In case of the death, disability, failure or refusal of the person regularly elected to the office of governor to qualify at the time provided by law, the duties of the office shall devolve upon the person regularly elected to and qualified for the office of lieutenant governor, who shall act as governor until the disability be removed, or a governor be elected; and in case of the death, disability, failure or refusal of both the governor and the lieutenant governor elect to qualify, the duties of the governor shall devolve upon the secretary of state; and in addition to the line of succession to the office and duties of governor as hereinabove indicated, if there shall be the failure or refusal of any officer named above to qualify, and if the necessity shall arise by reason thereof, then in that event in order to fill the vacancy in the office of governor, the following state officers shall succeed to the duties of governor in the order named, viz: Treasurer, auditor, attorney general, superintendent of public instruction and commissioner of public lands. Any person succeeding to the office of governor as in this section provided, shall perform the duties of such office only until the disability be removed, or a governor be elected and qualified; and if a vacancy occur more than thirty days before the next general election occurring within two years after the commencement of the term, a person shall be elected at such election to fill the office of governor for the remainder of the unexpired term. [AMENDMENT 6, 1909 p 642 Section 1. Approved November, 1910.]

Looks like Brad Owens would become Governor...which is cool by me, because I voted for him for Lt. Governor and would vote for him for Governor if given the chance, too.

Fish on...

Todd

#477811 - 01/06/09 01:59 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Brad will do us fine.

As far as the budget Dan, it happened under her watch. She is the top dog, literally, and it is her responsibility. Pawning it off on the legislature is BS.

So using that analogy, Bernie Madoff knew nothing. It was all his "underlings" who screwed the pooch?

Blame rises to the top. I have no love for that woman.

#477814 - 01/06/09 02:11 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Dogfish]
Dan S. Offline

Why is it BS?

They write the budget, and they don't have a crystal ball........neither does she.

Gregoire didn't build a ponzi scheme, so it's your Madoff analogy that's BS.

Every f'n state in the Union has a balance sheet that looks like sh!t mostly due to the fact that the whole economy is in the tank. So while it's easy to blame Gregoire for the state's deficit, it's hardly all her doing.

I'm good with Brad Owen. He's a Shelton guy, like me. He's come a long way from his days of owning Brad's Quickstop I & II . I'd be happy to have him as our guv'nor.

#477816 - 01/06/09 02:21 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Dan S.]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

So Bush isn't to blame for anything? It was everybody else's fault? Congress was to blame for the shithhole we're in now??

#477817 - 01/06/09 02:25 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Dogfish]
Dan S. Offline

Yep.

That's exactly what I said.

Or not.

Whichever.

#477820 - 01/06/09 02:30 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Dogfish]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Shiat Andy, how many states have deficits right now? Last I heard the various Governors were getting ready to ask for a huge 100+ Billion $ bailout of the States. Lotta blame to go around...

#477839 - 01/06/09 10:13 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Aunty?

#477840 - 01/06/09 10:22 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: fish4brains]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
OMG!

#477841 - 01/06/09 10:22 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: fish4brains]
talljeeper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia
She went to Iraq...WTF?

#477847 - 01/06/09 11:06 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: talljeeper]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
Originally Posted By: talljeeper
She went to Iraq...WTF?

That's what I read!

#477848 - 01/06/09 11:14 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

So will she be taking any sniper fire, like Hilary?

#477855 - 01/06/09 11:36 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Turns out the rumors were just that...rumors...she went on a trip to Iraq to visit the National Guard troops from around here.

Fish on...

Todd

#477859 - 01/06/09 11:45 AM Re: Gov. Gregoire...part of Obama's Administration? [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Well that was a fun and dizzy rumor spin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer), 1328 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |