Rate This Topic
#505884 - 05/01/09 06:35 PM Christine Gregoire for supreme court
larryb Offline
The Rainman

Loc: elma washington
Friday, May 1st, 2009
New York Times puts Chris Gregoire on Supreme Court list
Posted by Peter Callaghan @ 08:38:49 am
In its story on the possible retirement of David Souter from the U.S. Supreme Court, the New York Times ventures into heavy speculation on President Obama's first appointment.

No sources are listed but the reporters suggest that since Obama once praised former California Gov. Earl Warren's service on the Supreme Court that he might be looking at a politician rather than a legal expert.

"During the campaign, Mr. Obama spoke of his admiration of former Chief Justice Earl M. Warren, citing as a special virtue his practical political experience as a former governor of California. If Mr. Obama were to look to a political figure with a strong legal background, he could turn to an old friend, Deval Patrick, now the Massachusetts governor, Christine Gregoire, governor of Washington, or Jennifer M. Granholm, governor of Michigan."

#505887 - 05/01/09 06:39 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: larryb]
dewbie Offline
Spawner

i just threw up in mouth a little bit while reading that.....i need to go smoke....

#505888 - 05/01/09 06:47 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: dewbie]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The rest of the article...

"When asked by KING5 News about the article and its speculation , Gregoire's office issued the following statement:

"She (Governor Gregoire) is flattered by the speculation, but she has every intention of completing her second term as Governor of the great state of Washington." "

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_050109POL_gregoire-supreme-court-JM.c4a1a28.html

When Gregoire was the AG she was widely respected as one of the best AG's in the country, and spent several years as the elected head of the nation's AG Convention...if Obama's looking for a replacement for Souter who knows the law, then I wouldn't be surprised at all if he looked at her.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#505892 - 05/01/09 07:05 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Well.... Harriet Miers would be easier on the eyes than Chrissy...that ain't sayin' much.

At least ol'Chris is good with a budget and can lie thru her teet.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#505894 - 05/01/09 07:24 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: Todd]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Originally Posted By: Todd
"She (Governor Gregoire) is flattered by the speculation, but she has every intention of completing her second term as Governor of the great state of Washington."

What she says and what she does is probably 2 different things. I gotta believe she would jump ship in a heart beat if that job was offered. At least I can hope 2cents

#505896 - 05/01/09 07:32 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: AkKings]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Me thinks I am going to be sick..................I was gonna leave the state to get away from her.........now I got go to Belize............second thought she may have a new job as a motivator..........

#505900 - 05/01/09 07:50 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Isn't Bill still dis-bared?

I think Hilarity will get it for conceeding....

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#505906 - 05/01/09 08:22 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: dewbie]
BERG Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: dewbie
i just threw up in mouth a little bit while reading that.....i need to go smoke....

+1

Didn't even read past the title of the thread...

sick

#505920 - 05/01/09 09:40 PM Re: Christine Gregoire for supreme court [Re: BERG]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

I was surprised to read that no prior experience as a federal judge is required for the job. Politics? Gregoire is a highly capable lawyer, but she's never been a judge.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |